Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Caffeine in small amounts, it helps body to absorb drugs faster.
- Salmons, sardines, flax seeds rich in omega 3 fatty acids relieve pain.
- Water melon keeps body hydrated.
- Whole grains, soya beans and fibre rich legumes.
- Processed foods
- Fruits like bananas, avocado, papaya and nuts (dry fruits) also contain tyramine which cause headache.
Yoga and ExerciseRegular activities like brisk walking, jogging, cycling, swimming, etc. (This will have other health benefits too apart from helping with headaches.) It is not clear how exercise may help.
- Janu shirshasana
Music and MeditationChoose a gentle soothing meditation music that you enjoy, sit and listen while conscious relaxing your body on each out breathe. Deep breathing meditations help relieve headache by bring more oxygen into your body.
- Get plenty of sleep by following a regular schedule
- Make a note of triggers of headache and try to avoid them
- Ice packs
- Manage your stress
- Maintain proper posture
- If you work on the computer, take a 10-minute screen break every hour.
- Massage the temples, shoulders, back of the head, and neck, or any other area where you feel tension.
- Inhale soothening scents (essential oils)