- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for SLVRGEN CREAM and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Technical Classification
- 8 Available Alternatives for SLVRGEN CREAM
- 9 Share this:
- 10 Like this:
- 11 Related Articles
OverviewSLVRGEN CREAM is a Schedule H antibiotic.
SLVRGEN CREAM is composed of: RECOMBINANT HUMAN EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR (10 MCG), SILVER SULFADIAZINE (1 %W/W), CHLORHEXIDINE (0.2 %W/W)
Silver sulfadiazine is an antibiotic. It fights bacteria and yeast on the skin.Silver sulfadiazine topical is used to treat or prevent serious infection on areas of skin with second- or third-degree burns.Silver sulfadiazine works by stopping the growth of bacteria that may infect an open wound. This helps to decrease the risk of the bacteria spreading to surrounding skin, or to the blood where it can cause a serious blood infection.It stops the bacteria from producing folic acid, a nutrient required for bacterial multiplication.
Chlorhexidine is an antiseptic that fights bacteria. Chlorhexidine topical (for the skin) is used to clean the skin to prevent infection that may be caused by surgery, injection or skin injury.
UsageSILVER SULFADIAZINE is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Yeast Infection
CHLORHEXIDINE is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for SLVRGEN CREAM and its Constituents
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to silver sulfadiazine.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not use silver sulfadiazine topical in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.Wash your hands before and after applying silver sulfadiazine cream.
- The person applying silver sulfadiazine to burn wounds should wear sterile disposable gloves. Take care to keep the treatment area as clean as possible to prevent further infection.
- Clean the area to be treated as directed by your doctor.
- Apply enough silver sulfadiazine to cover the affected area evenly.
- This medicine should be applied in a layer about one 16th (1/16) of an inch thick, or 1.6 millimeters.
- Silver sulfadiazine cream is usually applied 1 or 2 times daily.
- While using silver sulfadiazine topical, you may need frequent blood tests.
- Your kidney function may also need to be tested.
- Your burn wounds should be kept covered with silver sulfadiazine cream at all times.
- Do not take by mouth. Silver sulfadiazine topical is for use only on the skin. If silver sulfadiazine topical gets in your eyes, nose, or mouth, rinse with water.Inform your doctor before starting silver sulfadiazine if you have a genetic defect of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficiency.
- Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
Avoid getting this medicine in your eyes, ears, nose, mouth, rectum, or vagina. If this does happen, rinse with water. Avoid using other medicines on the areas you treat with chlorhexidine topical unless your doctor tells you to. Avoid getting this medicine on your clothing or other fabrics.
Common Side-EffectsSILVER SULFADIAZINE : Skin Rash, Body Pain, Body Burn, Body Itching, Fever, Throat Soreness, Fatigue (tiredness)
Serious Side-EffectsSILVER SULFADIAZINE : Acute Kidney Failure, Acute Liver Failure, Anemia, Easy Bleeding, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Rapid Breathing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Abdomen Pain, Decreased Urination, Mood Swings, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Joint Pain
Technical ClassificationSILVER SULFADIAZINE is categorized as: TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS / DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS / TOPICAL AGENTS
CHLORHEXIDINE is categorized as:
- ANTISEPTIC AND GERMICIDES / TOPICAL AGENTS
- MOUTH AND THROAT PRODUCTS / TOPICAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for SLVRGEN CREAM
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|SLVRGEN CREAM||INR 329 for 15GM CRM||RECOMBINANT HUMAN EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR 10 MCG, SILVER SULFADIAZINE 1 %W/W, CHLORHEXIDINE 0.2 %W/W|