Walking is one of the easiest ways to add exercise to your day and to burn fat. The recommended amount of walking for weight loss is 60 minutes a day. Walking burns about 100 calories per mile for a 70 kg person.
Brisk WalkingBrisk walking means walking fast enough to make you feel slightly breathless but yet comfortable enough to let you hold a conversation with a companion at the same time. It should not be too slow or too fast. It is a low-impact sport suitable for everyone, regardless of your fitness level. Brisk walking burns from 140 calories in 30 minutes.
- Help reduce your risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes
- Helps to reduce weight
- Strengthen Heart
- Increases Longevity
- Burn off excess calories and help with weight management
Hill Walkingwalking on hills and mountains is a recreational outdoor activity. This will help you get the tone and definition in your legs that you are looking for. Hill walking burns about 430 calories in 60 minutes for a 70 kg person.
- Strengthen leg muscles
- Burn more calories
- Lose weight rapidly
- Hill walking is a great way to get your body into shape
Water WalkingEasy and effective type of exercise Can be done in swimming pool, lake or water tank. The water’s buoyancy supports the body’s weight, which reduces stress on the joints and minimizes pain. Water walking burns about 560 calories in 60 minutes for a 70 kg person.
- Helps to reduce stress on joint pain
- Increase muscular strength boosting metabolism
- Helps to Reduce weight
- Good for patients with arthritis, Osteoporosis, Back pain and Joint Pain
- Gives all benefits of land exercises without sweat
- Burns more calories during and after exercise
Interval WalkingInterval walking is a form of exercise involving alternating intervals of fast and slow paced walking. Here you need to walk as fast as you can for 20 sec, then walk at a moderate pace for 40 sec, repeat the procedure for 20-30mins. Each interval is timed so that it is not too long and you won’t get exhausted. Interval walking burns about 480 calories in 60 minutes for a 80 kg person.
- Helps to Improve athletic performance
- Decreased body fat and blood sugar
- Reduces cancer up to 50% compared with those who don’t exercise at all
- Enhances your mood, and may reduce depression and anxiety
- Improves endurance at speed
- Reverses faltering memories in people over age 50
Treadmill Walking:Treadmill walking will help you create a 30-minute workout to help improve your heart health, burn calories and improve your sports performance. One of the most popular types of home exercise equipment is the treadmill, which provides a straightforward, efficient aerobic workout. It helps to avoid Injuries like muscle soreness and knee pain. Treadmill walking burns about 100 calories in 20 minutes for a 70 kg person.
- Improves stamina and endurance
- Improved joint flexibility and muscle tone
- Good for arthritis patient
- You can enjoy your music or watch TV while walking