Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids – Sea water fish, ground flaxseeds, walnuts, seaweed, and soybeans
- Use olive oil when cooking instead of vegetable oil or butter as olive oil contains a natural compound called oleocanthal which may help prevent arthritis-related inflammation.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C – guava, bell peppers, oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, pineapples, kohlrabi, papayas, lemons, broccoli, kale, potatoes, and brussels sprouts.
- Foods rich in Beta-carotene – sweet potatoes, carrots, kale, butternut squash, turnip greens, pumpkins, mustard greens, cantaloupes, sweet red peppers, apricots, and spinach.
- Foods rich in Beta-cryptoxanthin – pumpkins, papayas, peppers (red chili and red bell), corn, oranges, apricots, carrots, and watermelon.
- Foods rich in Quercetin – onions, kale, leeks, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, blueberries, black currants, elderberries, lingonberries, apricots, red apples with skin, and red/purple/black grapes.
- Foods rich in Anthocyanins – blackberries, black currents, blueberries, eggplant, elderberries, raspberries, cherries, boysenberries, red/black/purple grapes, strawberries, plums, cranberries, rhubarb, red onions, and apples.
- Foods rich in vitamin D – Sea water fish, milk (skim or 1 percent low-fat), soy milk, egg yolks, and UV-treated mushrooms.
- Spices like ginger and turmeric said to have anti inflammatory property
- Foods rich in Saturated Fats – fats from animal products, such as fatty beef or pork, poultry skin, and full fat dairy foods, palm oil and palm-kernel oil, cookies, bars, nondairy creamers, and other packaged baked goods. Reduce the intake of such foods.
- Sugary foods, white-flour baked goods, white rice, bread, crackers, and other refined carbohydrates.
Yoga and ExerciseRegular physical activity 5 or more days a week will help to relieve arthritis pain and stiffness.
- Low-impact activities performed at a moderate pace work is best for people with arthritis. These include walking, swimming, and riding a bicycle.
- Muscle strengthening exercises like situps, push ups, weight lifting using dumbbells should be done to strengthen your muscles at least 2 days per week in addition to your aerobic activities.
- Exercises involving stretching and bending of hands and leg joints
Virsasana Or Hero Pose
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Or Bridge Pose
Sukhasana Or Easy Seat
- Cow Pose
- Regular exercise should be done in order to keep yourself active
- Maintaining a healthy weight reduces the risk of arthritis
- Avoid joint injury to reduce your risk of developing arthritis
- Smoking causes stress on connective tissues, which leads to more arthritis pain
- QUIT SMOKING