Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Consume lots of juice, soup, watery food and lots of mineral water
- Consumption of milk or its products
- Foods with high biological value protein such as eggs, meat paste, fish, poultry
- Refined foods with high sugar content such as honey, jam, candy/sugar, jelly, grass jelly, seaweed etc.
- Low-fiber foods, ripe fruit, potatoes, etc. in order to decrease intestinal motility
- Vegetables with a fine fiber / soluble dietary fiber: spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots etc.
- Which has a strong flavor such as onion, garlic
- All spices like chili, chili sauce, hot sauce, vinegar
- Foods that cause gas like jackfruit, durian, pineapple.
- Foods with high fiber content. Vegetables high in fiber / non-soluble dietary fiber: vegetables such as kale, papaya, and sweet potatoes, and whole grains (brown rice, mashed rice, corn).
- Butter, Ghee, Rich pastries, Fried Snacks, Desserts, Thick cream soups should be strictly avoided
Yoga and ExercisePracticing following asana can help to cure Typhoid Fever
- Singhasana (lion pose) watch video
- Drinking hot water mixed with a spoon of Honey is helpful during typhoid.
- Drink boiled and properly filtered water.
- Have boiled food only and do not eat outside food
- Avoid handling food or any other household things if there is a risk of spreading the disease.
- Keep taking the prescribed antibiotics for as long as the doctor has asked you to take them.