- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for VISCODYNE-S SYR and its Constituents
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for VISCODYNE-S SYR
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewVISCODYNE-S SYR is a Schedule H drug.
VISCODYNE-S SYR is composed of: GUAIFENESIN (100 MG), BROMHEXINE (4 MG), SALBUTAMOL (2 MG), MENTHOL (0.1 MG/ML)
Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.Guaifenesin is used to reduce chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.It promotes lower respiratory tract drainage by thinning the mucus in the air passages to make it easier to cough up the mucus and clear the airways.
Salbutamol is a bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens airways. This makes breathing easier. Salbutamol is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
UsageGUAIFENESIN is generally used to treat: Bronchitis, Laryngitis, Pharyngitis, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Whooping Cough
GUAIFENESIN can address symptoms like: Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Wheezing, Cough, Chest Pain, Chest Discomfort, Fever, Head Headache, Fatigue (tiredness), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
SALBUTAMOL is generally used to treat: Asthma, COPD
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?VISCODYNE-S SYR is generally taken Before Food.
Precautions for VISCODYNE-S SYR and its Constituents
- You should not use guaifenesin if you are allergic to guaifenesin.
- Use guaifenesin exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- Take guaifenesin with food if it upsets your stomach.Measure the liquid form of guaifenesin with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open a controlled-release, delayed-release, or extended-release tablet or capsule. Swallow it whole. Breaking or opening the pill may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
- The liquid forms and powder packets of this medication may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to restrict your intake of aspartame (or phenylalanine), consult your doctor or pharmacist about using this product safely.
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle; discard after 4 weeks of opening even if not used
Caution should be exercised in patients with
Common Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Hives, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Upset Stomach
SALBUTAMOL : Anxiety, Flu, Head Headache, Dry Mouth, Palpitations (fluttering In Chest), Difficulty Sleeping, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Chest Pain, Nausea, Vomit, Cough
Serious Side-EffectsGUAIFENESIN : Breathlessness, Difficulty Breathing
Technical ClassificationGUAIFENESIN is categorized as: EXPECTORANTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
SALBUTAMOL is categorized as: ADRENERGIC BRONCHODILATORS / BRONCHODILATORS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
Available Alternatives for VISCODYNE-S SYR
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|VISCODYNE-S SYR||INR 30.35 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 100 MG, BROMHEXINE 4 MG, SALBUTAMOL 2 MG, MENTHOL 0.1 MG/ML|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ALERNYL B SYP 4MG/100MG/1MG/2MG||INR 40 for 60 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 1.0 MG|
|ANCORIL SYP||INR 24 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 1.0 MG|
|CODEX SYP||INR 38.7 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50 MG, BROMHEXINE 4 MG, SALBUTAMOL 1 MG, MENTHOL 1 MG|
|DYLASOL T SYP||INR 62 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 1.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL|
|NEW EASCOF SYP||INR 42.86 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 1.0 MG|
|OKARIL SYP||INR 70 for 100 ML EXPECTORANT||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 1.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 1.0 MG|
|PEDEX S SYP||INR 41.98 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 2.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 1.0 MG, MENTHOL 0.5 MG|
|SYNABRON SYP||INR 42 for 100 ML EXPECTORANT||GUAIFENESIN 50.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 8.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 0.5 MG|
|TORDEX SYP||INR 63 for 100 ML SYRUP||GUAIFENESIN 100.0 MG, BROMHEXINE 4.0 MG, SALBUTAMOL 2.0 MG, MENTHOL 1.0 MG|