- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for ELIQUIS 5MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Food Interactions
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for ELIQUIS 5MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewELIQUIS 5MG TAB is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
ELIQUIS 5MG TAB is composed of: APIXABAN (5.0 MG)
Apixaban blocks the activity of certain clotting substances in the blood. Apixaban is used to lower the risk of stroke caused by a blood clot in people with a heart rhythm disorder called atrial fibrillation. Apixaban is also used after hip or knee replacement surgery to prevent a type of blood clot called deep vein thrombosis (DVT) or pulmonary embolism, which can lead to blood clots in the lungs (pulmonary embolism). Apixaban belongs to a class of drugs called factor Xa inhibitors, often also called blood thinners. It works by preventing certain enzymes (known as factor Xa) in the blood from forming a blood clot.
UsageAPIXABAN is generally used to treat: Atrial Fibrillation, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism, Stroke
APIXABAN can address symptoms like: Irregular Heartbeat
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for ELIQUIS 5MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not take apixaban if you are allergic to it, if you have an artificial heart valve, or if you have any active bleeding from a surgery, injury, or other cause.
- To make sure apixaban is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have, kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis), liver disease, if you are older than 80 or if you weigh less than 132 pounds.
- Apixaban can cause a very serious blood clot around your spinal cord if you undergo a spinal tap or receive spinal anesthesia (epidural). This type of blood clot could cause long-term paralysis.
- If you are taking an NSAID (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug) and others or you are using other medicines to treat or prevent blood clots.
- This medicine is not expected to harm an unborn baby. However, taking this medicine during pregnancy may increase the risk of bleeding while you are pregnant or during your delivery. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- It is not known whether apixaban passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
- Try to avoid activities that increase your risk of bleeding or injury while using apixaban. Call your doctor right away if you injure yourself especially if you hit your head.
Symptoms of OverdosageAPIXABAN over-dosage can result in: Body Bruising, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Black (tar) Colored Stools
Serious Side-EffectsAPIXABAN : Pain, Skin Rash, Anaphylaxis, Body Bruising, Gums Bleeding, Heavy Menstrual Bleeding, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Wheezing, Difficulty Breathing, Dizziness, Weakness (generalized), Chest Pain
Rare Side-EffectsAPIXABAN : Eyes Bleeding, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Confusion, Constipation, Difficulty Swallowing, Dizziness, Fainting, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Head Headache, Nose Bruising, Abdomen Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Vomit
Alfalfa, Anise, Bilberry may increase the adverse effects of apixaban. Grapefruit juice may increase apixaban serum concentration.
Disease InteractionsAPIXABAN can interfere with: Acute Kidney Failure, Heart Failure
Technical ClassificationAPIXABAN is categorized as: FACTOR XA INHIBITORS / ANTICOAGULANTS / COAGULATION MODIFIERS
Available Alternatives for ELIQUIS 5MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ELIQUIS 5MG TAB||INR 725 for 10 TABLETS||APIXABAN 5.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ELIQUIS 2.5MG TAB||INR 725 for 10 TABLETS||APIXABAN 2.5 MG|