- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Storage Conditions
- 13 Available Alternatives
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
- 16 Related Articles
OverviewNABUMETONE is a Schedule H drug.
Nabumetone is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Nabumetone works by reducing hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.It works by stopping the body’s production of a substance that causes pain, fever, and inflammation. It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
UsageNABUMETONE is generally used to treat: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
NABUMETONE can address symptoms like: Back Pain, Hands Lump Or Bulge, Fatigue (tiredness), Dry Mouth, Spinning Sensation
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: Oral
- Do not use this medicine just before or after heart bypass surgery.
- You should not use nabumetone if you are allergic to it, or if you have ever had an asthma attack or severe allergic reaction after taking aspirin or an NSAID.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Do not take this medicine in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Use the lowest dose that is effective in treating your condition.If you use this medicine long-term, you may need frequent medical tests.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It may increase your risk of stomach bleeding.
- Avoid taking aspirin while you are taking nabumetone.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or tanning beds. Nabumetone can make you sunburn more easily.Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Nabumetone can raise a risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
Symptoms of OverdosageNABUMETONE over-dosage can result in: Agitation, Eyes Blurred Vision, Confusion, Depressed Mood, Restless Or Irritability, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Nervousness, Chest Discomfort, Upper Abdomen Discomfort, Pale Skin, Drowsiness
Common Side-EffectsNABUMETONE : Indigestion, Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Heartburn, Gas, Abdomen Pain, Nausea, Dizziness, Head Headache, Hands Swelling, Feet Swelling, Chest Burn, Mouth Swelling, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Vomit, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Difficulty Sleeping, Loss Of Appetite
Serious Side-EffectsNABUMETONE : Breathlessness, Hearing Loss, Abdomen Swelling, Belching, Increased Passing Gas, Difficulty Swallowing, Mood Swings, Ankles Swelling, Stiff Neck
Rare Side-EffectsNABUMETONE : Anxiety, Constipation, Blood Pressure, High, Hives, Gums Bleeding, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Chills, Chest Pain, Eyes Change In Vision, Cough, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Labored Breathing, Fever, Dry Mouth, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Lower Back Pain, Increased Thirst, Rapid Breathing, Eyes Eye Irritation, Shortness Of Breath, Throat Soreness, Wheezing, Mouth Soreness, Weight Gain, Vagina Bleeding, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Spinning Sensation, Legs Shaking, Hands Shaking
Disease InteractionsNABUMETONE can interfere with: Asthma, Congestive Heart Disease, Hypertension, Peptic Ulcer, Gastritis, Alcoholism, Colitis, Smoking, Dermatitis, Acute Renal Failure, Acute Liver Failure, Hyponatremia, Myocardial Infarction, Anemia, Hyperkalemia, Thrombocytopenia, Thrombocytopathy, Vitamin K Deficiency
Technical ClassificationNABUMETONE is categorized as: NONSTEROIDAL ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS / ANALGESICS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with NABUMETONE as Ingredient
|NABUFLAM 500MG TAB||NABUMETONE 500.0 MG|