- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Food Interactions
- 11 Disease Interactions
- 12 Technical Classification
- 13 Storage Conditions
- 14 Available Alternatives
- 15 Share this:
- 16 Like this:
- 17 Related Articles
OverviewAMLODIPINE BESYLATE is a Schedule H drug.
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that dilates (widens) blood vessels and improves blood flow.Amlodipine is used to treat chest pain (angina) and other conditions caused by coronary artery disease.Amlodipine is also used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Lowering blood pressure may lower your risk of a stroke or heart attack.It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
UsageAMLODIPINE BESYLATE is generally used to treat: Angina Pectoris, Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension, Heart Attack, Acute Kidney Failure
AMLODIPINE BESYLATE can address symptoms like: Chest Pain, Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Head Headache, Dizziness
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: Oral
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not double the dose.
- Before taking amlodipine, tell your doctor if you have congestive heart failure or liver disease.
- You should not take amlodipine if you are allergic to it.
- Take amlodipine exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- You may take amlodipine with or without food.
- Take the medicine at the same time each day.
Symptoms of OverdosageAMLODIPINE BESYLATE over-dosage can result in: Fainting, Dizziness, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Common Side-EffectsAMLODIPINE BESYLATE : Edema, Palpitation, Fatigue (tiredness), Ankles Swelling, Drowsiness, Head Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Face Warm To Touch, Abdomen Pain, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Labored Breathing, Wheezing, Irregular Heartbeat
Serious Side-EffectsAMLODIPINE BESYLATE : Pounding Heart (pulse), Fainting, Irregular Heartbeat
Rare Side-EffectsAMLODIPINE BESYLATE : Constipation, Anxiety, Dry Skin, Hyperventilation, Joint Pain, Muscle Pain, Gums Bleeding, Eyes Blurred Vision, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Chills, Confusion, Arms Pain, Legs Pain, Lower Back Pain, Throat Soreness, Back Pain, Eyes Dry Eyes, Dry Mouth, Difficulty Swallowing, Body Loss Of Movement, Hair Loss, Hearing Loss, Sneezing, Body Excessive Sweating, Restless Or Irritability
Food InteractionsUsing amLODIPine together with multivitamin with minerals can decrease the effects of Amlodipine. Talk with your doctor before using Amlodipine and multivitamin with minerals together.
Disease InteractionsAMLODIPINE BESYLATE can interfere with: Hypotension, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Liver Failure, Congestive Heart Disease
Technical ClassificationAMLODIPINE BESYLATE is categorized as: CALCIUM CHANNEL BLOCKING AGENTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|AMLODIPINE BESYLATE||AMLODIPINE BESYLATE|