- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for OLIGOCARE TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Prescription Statistics
- 12 Available Alternatives for OLIGOCARE TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewOLIGOCARE TAB is a Schedule H drug.
OLIGOCARE TAB is composed of: VITAMIN A (1250 IU), METHYLCOBALAMIN (750 MG), VIT D3 CHOLECALCIFEROL (500 IU), SELENIUM (100 MCG), ASCORBIC ACID (75 MG), LEVOCARNITINE (50 MG), VITAMIN E (12.5 MG), GINSENG (10 MG), ZINC (7.5 MG), THIAMINE NITRATE (5 MG), PYRIDOXINE (5 MG), CARBONYL IRON (5 MG), MANGANESE (2 MG), LYCOPENE (2 MG), L-GLUTATHIONE (2.5 MG), UBIDECARENONE (2.5 MG), FOLIC ACID (1.5 MG), COPPER (1 MG)
Selenium is mineral that is found in soil and occurs naturally in certain foods (such as whole grains, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, and seafood). Selenium is not produced in the body, but it is needed for proper thyroid and immune system function.Selenium is used to treat or prevent selenium deficiency.Selenium has been used in alternative medicine as an aid to treat Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (an autoimmune disorder of the thyroid), and to treat high cholesterol.Selenium provides essential nutrients.
Ascorbic acid is used to treat and prevent vitamin C deficiency. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) occurs naturally in foods such as citrus fruit, tomatoes, potatoes, and leafy vegetables. Vitamin C is important for bones and connective tissues, muscles, and blood vessels. Vitamin C also helps the body absorb iron, which is needed for red blood cell production.
Levocarnitine is a naturally occurring substance that the body needs for energy.Levocarnitine belongs to the class of medications called as amino acid derivative. It works by improving the low levels of carnitine in the body.
Ginseng is used for other infections including HIV/AIDS, infections of the intestine (dysentery), and particular infections (Pseudomonas infections) that are common in people with cystic fibrosis. Some people use ginseng to improve digestion and for loss of appetite, as well as for vomiting, inflammation of the colon (colitis), and inflammation of the lining of the stomach (gastritis). ginseng is also used for low iron in the blood (anemia), diabetes, insulin resistance related to HIV treatments, cancer-related fatigue, high blood pressure, trouble sleeping (insomnia), nerve pain, erectile dysfunction (ED), fever, hangover symptoms, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), blood and bleeding disorders, breast cancer, dizziness, headaches, convulsions, fibromyalgia, “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), memory loss, rheumatoid arthritis, schizophrenia, improving athletic performance, improving mental performance, as an anti-aging aid, menopausal symptoms, complications during pregnancy or childbirth, and for nervous exhaustion (neurasthenia). You may also see ginseng listed as an ingredient in some soft drinks. Oils and extracts made from ginseng are used in soaps and cosmetics.
Pyridoxine is vitamin B6. Vitamins occur naturally in foods such as meat, poultry, nuts, whole grains, bananas, and avocados. Vitamin B6 is important for many processes in the body.Pyridoxine injection is also used to treat some types of seizure in babies.Pyridoxine taken by mouth (oral) is available without a prescription. Injectable pyridoxine must be given by a healthcare professional. It is important for the breakdown of protein, fats, and carbohydrates from foods.
Carbonyl iron is an iron replacement product. You normally get iron from the foods you eat. Iron helps your body produce red blood cells that carry oxygen through your blood to tissues and organs.Iron is an important mineral that the body needs to produce red blood cells and keep you in good health.
Lycopene is a common carotenoid compound found in fruits, vegetables, and green plants that is responsible for the red color of tomatoes. Other sources include apricot, cranberry, grapes, pink grapefruit, guava, papaya, peaches, and watermelon.Lycopene acts an antioxidant by fighting free radicals in the body. Due to its antioxidant property, it reduces the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Folic acid is a type of B vitamin that is normally found in foods such as dried beans, peas, lentils, oranges, whole-wheat products, liver, asparagus, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and spinach.Folic acid helps your body produce and maintain new cells, and also helps prevent changes to DNA that may lead to cancer.As a medication, folic acid is used to treat folic acid deficiency and certain types of anemia (lack of red blood cells) caused by folic acid deficiency.Folic acid is sometimes used in combination with other medications to treat pernicious anemia. It plays a vital role in the formation of red blood cells, which carry oxygen throughout the body. It is also essential in pregnancy due to its role in the development of the unborn baby’s brain and spinal cord.
UsageSELENIUM is generally used to treat: Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Seborrhoeic Dermatitis, Tinea Versicolor
SELENIUM can address symptoms like: Hair Loss, Weight Gain, Constipation, Fatigue (tiredness), Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Pale Skin, Muscle Stiffness, Joint Pain, Swollen Tongue, Heavy Menstrual Bleeding, Memory Problems
ASCORBIC ACID is generally used to treat: Common Cold, Methaemoglobinaemia, Scurvy, Tyrosinemia, Vitamin C Deficiency, Glaucoma, Constipation, Asthma, Bronchitis, Cystic Fibrosis, Infertility, Diabetes Mellitus, Arthritis, Osteoporosis
LEVOCARNITINE is generally used to treat: Systemic Carnitine Deficiency
LEVOCARNITINE can address symptoms like: Fatigue (tiredness), Confusion
GINSENG is generally used to treat: Colitis, Gastritis, Anemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension, ED (Erectile Dysfunction), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity, Breast Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Atherosclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Schizophrenia, Neurasthenia
GINSENG can address symptoms like: Vomit, Fatigue (tiredness), Dizziness, Head Headache
PYRIDOXINE is generally used to treat: Vitamin B 6 Deficiency, Pediatric Febrile Seizures
CARBONYL IRON is generally used to treat: Iron Deficiency Anemia, Iron Deficiency
CARBONYL IRON can address symptoms like: Weakness (generalized), Shortness Of Breath, Head Headache, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Pale Skin, Difficulty Concentrating, Mouth Swelling, Swollen Tongue
LYCOPENE is generally used to treat: Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Colon Cancer
FOLIC ACID is generally used to treat: Anemia, Pernicious Anemia, Vitamin B Deficiency
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?OLIGOCARE TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for OLIGOCARE TAB and its Constituents
Do not use more of this product than is recommended on the label.
Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. You should not use this product if you are allergic to selenium.Do not use this product without medical advice if you are pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without medical advice.
The recommended dietary allowance of selenium increases with age. Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
Do not take extra selenium to make up the missed dose.Remove all jewelry; selenium may damage it.
Do not use this medication if your scalp is cut or scratched.
Stop using the lotion and contact your doctor if your condition worsens.
Using selenium long-term or at high doses may increase your risk of developing diabetes or other serious medical conditions. Ask your doctor about your specific risk.
- Drink plenty of liquids while you are taking ascorbic acid.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed before you swallow it.
- Ascorbic acid gum may be chewed as long as desired and then thrown away.
- Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
- Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of diabetes, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, high iron level in the blood, anemia, any allergy, who are taking other medications, during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Measure liquid medicine with the dosing syringe provided, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- The liquid medicine can be taken alone or mixed with a beverage or soft food. Sip or eat the mixture slowly.Levocarnitine should be taken at evenly spaced intervals every 3 or 4 hours. This medicine works best if you take it with a meal or within 30 minutes after a meal.
- While using levocarnitine, you may need frequent blood tests.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Avoid excess dose.
- Take precautions during levocarnitine treatment as you may be at risk of bleeding.Do not take this drug if you are allergic to levocarnitine or any of its ingredients.
Ginseng is considered likely unsafe to use during pregnancy. It is not known whether ginseng passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this product without medical advice if you are breast-feeding a baby. Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without medical advice. If you need surgery or dental work, stop taking ginseng at least 2 weeks ahead of time.
- You should not use pyridoxine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it.
- Do not give this medicine to a child without medical advice.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not Use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages, or activity.
- You should not use carbonyl iron if you are allergic to it.
- Carbonyl iron tablets may contain milk. Tell your doctor if you have lactose intolerance or a milk allergy.Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Carbonyl iron may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
- The chewable tablet must be chewed before you swallow it.
- Shake the oral suspension well just before you measure a dose. Measure liquid medicine with the dosing syringe provided, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- Do not take carbonyl iron for longer than 6 months without your doctor’s advice.
- Do not take a double dose.
- Avoid taking carbonyl iron within 2 hours before or 2 hours after you take other medicines.
- Do not take this medication if you have too much iron builds, iron overload disorder, hemolytic anemia.
- Chewable tablets of this medicine may contain aspartame. If you have phenylketonuria or any other condition that requires you to restrict your intake of aspartame consult your doctor or pharmacist about using this drug safely.
- Liquid preparations of this product may contain sugar and/or alcohol. Caution is advised if you have diabetes, alcohol dependence, or liver disease.
Avoid if allergic to lycopene or to any of its food sources, especially tomatoes. Tomato-based products are acidic and may irritate stomach ulcers.
- Folic Acid is used for the treatment of folic acid deficiency.
- It is also taken before and during pregnancy to decrease the risk of defects in the neural tube, which forms the spinal cord in the baby.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of seizures as you may need a higher dose of the seizure medicines than what you normally take.
- You should not use this medication if you have ever had an allergic reaction to folic acid.Take folic acid exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Take folic acid with a full glass of water.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about any restrictions on food, beverages.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of long-term infection, seizure disorder, liver problems and kidney dialysis.
Symptoms of OverdosageSELENIUM over-dosage can result in: Bad Breath, Hair Loss, Restless Or Irritability, Nausea, Vomit, Fatigue (tiredness)
PYRIDOXINE over-dosage can result in: Hands Numbness, Feet Numbness
CARBONYL IRON over-dosage can result in: Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Fever, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Pale Skin, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs), Fingers Blue Colored Skin
FOLIC ACID over-dosage can result in: Mouth Pain, Weakness (generalized), Fatigue (tiredness), Confusion, Difficulty Concentrating
Common Side-EffectsSELENIUM : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Nausea, Vomit, Hair Loss, Restless Or Irritability, Bad Breath, Lightheadedness, Easy Bleeding, Unusual Taste In Mouth
LEVOCARNITINE : Diarrhoea, Muscle Pain, Paresthesia, Abdomen Pain, Nausea, Vomit, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Fever, Abdomen Discomfort, Dizziness, Eyes Change In Vision, Loss Of Appetite, Hands Swelling, Feet Swelling, Weakness (generalized)
GINSENG : Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling, Loose Motion, Head Headache, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
PYRIDOXINE : Nausea, Head Headache, Drowsiness, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Body Burning Sensation, Tightness
CARBONYL IRON : Diarrhoea, Anaphylaxis, Constipation, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Damaged Teeth Enamel, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Change In Stools, Abdomen Stomach Cramps
LYCOPENE : Indigestion, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, Gas, Nausea, Vomit, Difficulty Breathing
FOLIC ACID : Depression, Nausea, Loss Of Appetite, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Difficulty Sleeping, Restless Or Irritability, Unusual Taste In Mouth
Serious Side-EffectsLEVOCARNITINE : Blood Pressure, High, Rhabdomyolysis, Breathlessness, Depression, Hyperglycemia, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Head Headache
GINSENG : Hives, Insomnia
CARBONYL IRON : Swollen Lymph Nodes, Joint Pain, Chest Pain, Palpitations (fluttering In Chest), Difficulty Breathing
LYCOPENE : Mouth Ulcer, Bad Breath
Rare Side-EffectsASCORBIC ACID : Loose Motion, Nausea, Vomit
LEVOCARNITINE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin
CARBONYL IRON : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin
FOLIC ACID : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Fever, Body Discomfort, Wheezing, Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing
Technical ClassificationSELENIUM is categorized as: MINERALS AND ELECTROLYTES / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
ASCORBIC ACID is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
LEVOCARNITINE is categorized as: NUTRACEUTICAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
GINSENG is categorized as: HERBAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
PYRIDOXINE is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
CARBONYL IRON is categorized as: IRON PRODUCTS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
LYCOPENE is categorized as: HERBAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
FOLIC ACID is categorized as: VITAMINS / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
|2 Times Daily (1-0-1)||7%|
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|18 to 35yrs||100%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
|Gynaecologist And Obstetrician||71%|
Available Alternatives for OLIGOCARE TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|OLIGOCARE TAB||INR 250.05 for 15 CAPSULES||VITAMIN A 1250 IU, METHYLCOBALAMIN 750 MG, VIT D3 CHOLECALCIFEROL 500 IU, SELENIUM 100 MCG, ASCORBIC ACID 75 MG, LEVOCARNITINE 50 MG, VITAMIN E 12.5 MG, L-ARGININE 10 MG, GINSENG 10 MG, ZINC 7.5 MG, THIAMINE NITRATE 5 MG, PYRIDOXINE 5 MG, CARBONYL IRON 5 MG, MANGANESE 2 MG, LYCOPENE 2 MG, L-GLUTATHIONE 2.5 MG, UBIDECARENONE 2.5 MG, FOLIC ACID 1.5 MG, COPPER 1 MG|