- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for FONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Disease Interactions
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for FONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewFONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
FONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE is composed of: FONDAPARINUX (2.5 MG)
Fondaparinux is a prescription medication used to treat and prevent blood clots. Fondaparinux, a "blood thinner", belongs to a group of drugs called factor Xa (ten A) inhibitor anticoagulants. These medications work by decreasing the ability of blood to form clots. Fondaparinux comes in an injectable form and is given by injection under the skin once daily. Fondaparinux is also used together with warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven) to treat DVT, including pulmonary embolism.
UsageFONDAPARINUX is generally used to treat: BLOOD CLOT, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pulmonary Embolism
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Precautions for FONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE and its Constituents
- Monitor complete blood count, liver and kidney function regularly.
- Patients on fondaparinux undergoing spinal procedures are at a higher risk for blood clots in the spine. Caution is needed in these patients.
- Before using fondaparinux, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients (such as dry natural rubber/latex in the needle cover on the prefilled syringe), which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Limit alcohol while taking this drug because it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- To lower the chance of getting cut, bruised, or injured, use caution with sharp objects like razors and nail cutters, and avoid activities such as contact sports.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor. If you become pregnant or think you may be pregnant, tell your doctor right away.
- It is unknown if this drug passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Common Side-EffectsFONDAPARINUX : Paleness, Pale Skin, Body Bleeding, Fatigue (tiredness), Black (tar) Colored Stools, Gums Bleeding, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chest Pain, Chills, Confusion, Cough, Difficulty Urinating, Dizziness, Dry Mouth, Fainting, Lightheadedness, Fever, Frequent Urination, Increased Thirst, Loss Of Appetite, Lower Back Pain, Nausea, Vomit, Throat Soreness, Body Excessive Sweating
Serious Side-EffectsFONDAPARINUX : Febrile Convulsions, Difficulty Breathing, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Irregular Heartbeat
Disease InteractionsFONDAPARINUX can interfere with: Acute Liver Failure, Acute Kidney Failure, Coronary Heart Disease, Bacterial Endocarditis, Thrombocytopenia
Technical ClassificationFONDAPARINUX is categorized as: FACTOR XA INHIBITORS / ANTICOAGULANTS / COAGULATION MODIFIERS
Available Alternatives for FONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|FONDAFLO 2.5MG INJ||INR 649 for 1 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 2.5 MG|
|FONDAKEM 2.5MG INJ||INR 715 for 0.5 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 2.5 MG|
|FONDARED 2.5 INJ||INR 715 for 1 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 2.5 MG|
|FONDARED 2.5MG INJ||INR 715 for 1 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 2.5 MG|
|FONDAZEST 2.5MG PREFILLED SYPINGE||INR 680 for 0.5 ML PREFILLED SYRINGE||FONDAPARINUX 2.5 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ARIXTRA 2.5MG/0.5ML INJ||INR 680 for 0.5 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 5 MG/ML|
|FONDAFLO 7.5MG INJ||INR 1348 for 0.6 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 7.5 MG|
|FONDAFLO TAB||INR 618.1 for 10 TABLETS||FONDAPARINUX|
|FONDAPARINUX 7.5MG INJ||INR 1348 for 1 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 7.5 MG|
|FONDARED 7.5 GM INJ||INR 1315 for 1 ML INJECTION||FONDAPARINUX 7.5 GM|