Food and NutritionFood to be taken
- Intake high-fiber foods such as vegetables, cooked dried peas and beans (legumes), whole-grain foods, bran, cereals, pasta, rice, and fresh fruits.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat light, bland foods (such as saltine crackers or plain bread).
- Daily intake of vitamin supplements.
- Protein – found in meat, fish, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, nuts, beans and pulses.
- Avoid fried, greasy, or sweet foods.
- Do not mix hot and cold foods.
- Avoid orange and grapefruit juices.
- Limit use of sugars and decrease your salt intake.
- Avoid alcohol.
Yoga and ExerciseExercise is considered an essential part of managing the symptoms of the disease. Following exercises can be done for relieving the symptoms: Cycling, Swimming, walking, dancing.
The following stretching and flexibility exercises can help to relieve stiff muscles, improve flexibility, and make everyday tasks easier:
- Face a wall about 8 inches away and reach your arms upward. Next, place your hands on the wall for balance and stretch out your arms and back.
- Place your back against the wall for support and then briskly march in place, lifting your knees as high as possible.
- Sit in a chair with a high, straight back and stretch your arms behind the chair, bringing your shoulders back as far as you can. As you stretch, lift your head toward the ceiling.
- Sitting in a chair, stomp your feet up and down while pumping your arms back and forth at your sides.
- TADASANA (MOUNTAIN POSE) TO URDHVA HASTASANA (UPWARD SALUTE)
- UTTANASANA (STANDING FORWARD BEND)
- VIRABHADRASANA II (WARRIOR II)
- JATHARA PARIVARTANASANA (REVOLVED ABDOMEN POSE)
- SUPTA BADDHA KONASANA (RECLINING BOUND ANGLE POSE)
Music and MeditationMeditation techniques can improve thoughts, perceptions, and mood swings and they are:
- VIPASSANA MEDITATION
- ATTENTION MEDITATION
- PASSAGE MEDITATION
- Take large steps when walking straight ahead, focusing on proper heel-toe form.
- Keep the legs at least 10 inches apart while turning or walking in order to provide more support and reduce the risk of falls
- Avoid shoes with rubber soles, as they can stick to the floor and increase the risk of falls
- Drink beverages slowly
- Drink liquids between meals instead of during them
- Eat slowly with smaller and more frequent meals throughout the day
- Plenty of rest