SymptomsThe most notable feature of CMP is the presence of trigger points. The four types of trigger points that distinguish MPS are: active, latent, secondary, and satellite.
- Pain in muscle
- Persistent pain
- Sensation of muscle weakness, tingling and stiffness
- Sleep disturbance due to pain
- Knot in a muscle
CausesTrauma which cause damage to muscles and skeletal tissues
- Overuse of muscles
- Heavy lifting with incorrect posture
- Immobilization due to cast (bandage with plaster of Paris)
- Medical conditions
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Prolonged exposure to cold such as sleeping in front of air-conditioning vent
- Hormonal changes
- Stress and tension can make the discomfort of myofascial pain even worse, but are rarely the sole cause of the problem.