Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Consume foods rich in the lysine like vegetables, legumes, fish, turkey and chicken.
- Consume brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower contain an active ingredient known as the indole-3-carbinol, which has been shown to inhibit replication of herpes viruses
- Avoid eating foods high in arginine, especially peanuts, chocolate and almonds, is associated with more frequent herpes outbreaks
- Reduce intake of refined sugars and aspartame
Yoga and ExerciseAerobic exercises like swimming, bicycle riding, walking may be helpful.
- Donot scratch
- Cover the rash or blisters with loose, non-stick, sterile bandages
- Apply cold, wet compresses or ice packs to itchy areas, or soak in a lukewarm bath. Stay away from heat, which can intensify itchiness
- Wear loose clothing. This will prevent clothes from rubbing against your irritated skin