Skin Care in Summerskin care is essential, especially in Summer. During these days skin is sure to develop some or other problems due to the heavy heat accompanied with the high humidity. This weather is not particularly friendly for the skin and the extreme heat wave is most likely to cause painful and irritating skin conditions, sooner or later. These summer skin issues can be prevented and treated.
Keep Skin Problems at BayAcne, heat rash and dryness are very common skin problems during this hot season. While the heat may cause irritation, it is important to avoid touching the face frequently. It will only make it worse. Heat rash: It refers to red bumps and itchy rashes on the skin. Avoid going out in the sun and try spending most of your time in the shade. It will reduce the amount of sweat that you produce thereby preventing heat rash. Acne: It is the most common skin problem that men and women around the world suffer from. Avoid touching your face with your hands or fingers. Always remove your makeup at night otherwise it will block your pores and lead to more pimples on your skin. Skin dryness: Your skin needs a lot of care while traveling as you come in contact with pollution, dust, heat and more. Pack a small zip-lock bag before stepping out in the sun with essentials including a hydrating cleanser, moisturizer, lip balm, hand sanitizer, hand cream and sunscreen.
Home Remedies for Glowing Skin in Summer
- Skin cleaning: First things first Keep your skin clean. Cleansing is the most basic thing to keep in mind during summers. Wash your face twice a day with a cleanser suiting your skin type. Apart from that, keep splashing your face with clean water at regular intervals.
- hydrated skin: Drink at least 15-20 glasses of water to keep yourself and your skin hydrated. Not only it will providing the necessary moisture but will help flush the toxic content as well. Do not forget to moisturize. If you think you can do without the moisturizer in summers, then you, are mistaken. Your skin needs moisturizing all round the year. So choose a moisturizer as per your skin type. Keeping in mind the scorching heat, you can go for water-based moisturizers.
- Sunscreen: It is a must, do not even think of going out without applying the sunscreen. And if you do so, then be ready to get the suntan and sunburn. Choose a sunscreen with a very high SPF and apply it 10-15 minutes before going out. You need to re-apply the sunscreen every five hours. Don’t give it a miss even on cloudy days because UV and UVB rays are always present.
- Cool the skin: Apply a mixture of rose water, cucumber juice and a few drops of lemon juice once a day. Lemon juice helps reduce the tan, while rose water and cucumber work as cooling agents.
- Allow skin to breathe: Your skin needs the maximum breathing time during this time of the year. In order to make for healthy breathing and free circulation of the epidermal layer, so let it breathe by going makeup free. Avoid applying makeup as long as possible and also avoid wearing tight fitting clothes blocking the circulation. Wear light breathable clothes that cover most of the skin.
- Exfoliation: It is a very important to Exfoliate your skin because your pores have the maximum chances of getting clogged during summers due to all the sweat and oil on your face and the dust sticking to it. So scrub your face twice a week with a mild scrub. A mixture of gram flour, lime juice and curd is the best way to get a glowing skin naturally and apply it on your face or body to get rid of tanning body parts.
- Natural moisturizer: Apply banana, coconut milk and honey as it moisturizes your face. It prevents wrinkles and dark circles.
- Natural toner: Apply a mixture of a pinch of camphor and a few drops of vitamin e oil to rose water. It acts as the best toner. Toning is important for soft nourished skin.
- Quick glowing skin: Mix a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of lemon juice and apply on your face. Rinse well after a few minutes for quick glow.
- Take some ice in a muslin (mulmul) cloth and rub it over your face for 30 minutes before heading out for party.
- Fresher look: Mix aloe vera gel with honey and apply it for a fresher look.
- Sunburn: In case you get a sunburn, treat it immediately with cold rose water or aloe vera gel. You can follow with a pack of sour curd and moisturize the affected skin with coconut oil afterward to get the best results.