Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- Dietary plan with insistence on cabbage, sprouts, beat root, carrots, kale, spinach and collard should be opted to reduce the harmful effects of smoking.
- Eat unpolished rice and bread made of whole-wheat.
- Have the food cooked in minimum oil. Boiling, steaming and having it in forms of soups and juices will prove to be effective.
- Reduce intake of caffeine and high fat foods
Yoga and ExerciseRegular exercise helps people quit smoking. One of the other major changes exercising will bring to a smoker is the increase in lung health. You can do any type of aerobic exercise like walking, swimming, jogging, cycling for about 30 min per day. Some basic breathing exercises can help smokers to breathe easily
- Deep breathing
- Co-ordinated breathing
- Pursued Lips breathing
- Diaphragmatic breathing
The following yoga asanas or poses will help you to quit smoking:
- Sukhasana or The Easy Pose watch video
- Anulom Vilom or Alternate Nostril Breathing
- Shavasana or The Corpse Pose watch video
- Ardha Matsyendrasana or The Half Spinal Twist watch video
Music and MeditationThis is a unique method because alcohol and smoking drops out without any effort in people practising meditation.
- Try to change the behaviour that is associated with smoking.
- Try not to substitute food for cigarettes. Instead, chew on a drinking straw or a coffee stirrer.
- Try chewing sugarless gum instead of smoking.