- Avoid sleeping on your back, sleep on your side
- Avoid caffeine 5 hours before sleep
- Get a good, regular sleep
- Avoid stress
- Avoid alcohol and heavy meals before sleep, drink herbal teas or glass of milk instead.
- Give yourself an hour of relaxing time before bed, with soothing music, candles, and/or your favorite book.
- Watching TV, playing video games and texting before bed is linked with greater sleep disruption. Try to avoid them.
- You might find yourself still dreaming while experiencing paralysis.
When to See DoctorConsult your doctor if
- When the paralysis episodes happen frequently (once a week for 6 months) or are very disruptive to your sleep then consult a doctor.