Food and Nutrition
Foods to be taken
- Warm fluids
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Flax seeds
- Eating locally produced unfiltered honey is believed by many to be a treatment for hay fever, supposedly by introducing manageable amounts of pollen to the body.
Foods to be avoided
- Food allergies to peanuts, or strawberries, or anything else can cause symptoms like hives or swelling.
- Certain fruits and vegetables
- In some people, drinking alcohol especially beer or wine can trigger nasal congestion.
Yoga and Exercise
- Regularly rinse your nasal passages with saline solution to keep your nose free of irritants.
- During each irrigation, rinse each nostril with at least 200 mL (about 3/4 cup) of commercially or home-prepared solution.
- Breathe the steam in through your nasal passages to loosen the mucus in your nose.