Prevention TipsThe best away to avoid acute paronychia is to take good care of your nails.
- Avoid injuring your nails and fingertips.
- Donot bite or pick your nails.
- Keep your nails trimmed and smooth.
- Avoid cutting nails too short and donot scrape or trim your cuticles, as this can injure the skin.
- Use clean nail clippers or scissors.
- Fever and chills
- Development of red streaks along the skin
- Changes in the shape of the nail
- Muscle/Joint pain
When to See DoctorConsult a doctor if you have symptoms like:
- Pus near your nail or under it
- You have milder symptoms (tenderness, mild redness, minimal swelling) that last for seven days or more