- Get plenty of rest. If you become unusually tired, nervous, or constipated, you may be more likely to experience menstrual pain.
- Exercise regularly such as walking, swimming, or bicycling may improve blood flow and ease menstrual pain.
- Eat a diet rich in whole grains and green leafy vegetables.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
When to See DoctorConsult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual bleeding (lasts longer than seven days)
- Menstrual flow with large blood clots
- Bleeding in between periods
- Changing tampons or sanitary pads more frequently, say every hour