- Avoid excessive movements such as hand and wrist twisting, pinching and forceful gripping.
If you are a new mother, during activities such as lifting the baby, the baby carrier or the baby bottle, avoid placing your thumb and index finger in the L shaped position.
- If the symptoms start, avoid or limit the activity that aggravates your pain. Apply a cold pack for 5-15 minutes frequently through the day.
- Swelling, sometimes with heat or redness
- A lump that develops along the tendon
When to See DoctorConsult your doctor if
- The pain is not improving or becomes worse
- Your wrist becomes more stiff
- You have increasing numbness or tingling in the wrist and fingers or if they turn white or blue