Food and Nutrition
Foods to be taken
- Sesame seeds (zinc)
Foods to be avoided
- Water (reduce the quantity)
- Red meat
- Fatty foods
- Tea and coffee
- Carbonated beverages
- Fruits- berries, figs, plums
- Vegetables- spinach, green beans
- Nuts and seeds- almonds, cashews, and peanuts
- Legumes- soybeans, tofu and other soy products
- Other- cocoa, chocolate, and black tea
Yoga and Exercise
- Kegel exercises (contract the muscles that you use to keep from urinating and squeeze tightly for 10 seconds, then relax the muscles and repeat about 10 times) for 3 to 5 times a day shows improvement.
- Pelvic floor muscle exercise.
- Ardha matseyendrasana (half spinal twist pose) watch video
- Mandukasana (frog pose)
- Paripuran navasana (boat pose)
- Limit daily fluid intake to less than 2,000 ml (about 2 quarts).
- Limit or avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Limit beverages in the evening. Avoid drinking fluids after your evening meal.
- Try to urinate at least once every 3 hours.
- Double-Voiding, may be helpful — after urinating, wait and try to urinate again.
- Stay active. Cold weather and immobility may increase the risk for urine retention.
- Keeping warm and exercising may help.
- Try to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.