- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Storage Conditions
- 11 Available Alternatives
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewTELAPREVIR is a Schedule H drug.
Telaprevir is a prescription medication used to treat chronic hepatitis C. Telaprevir is used in combination with other medications.Telaprevir belongs to a group of drugs called protease inhibitors, which stop the hepatitis C virus from reproducing.This medication is no longer available in the US.
UsageTELAPREVIR is generally used to treat: Hepatitis C
TELAPREVIR can address symptoms like: Fatigue (tiredness), Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Fever, Joint Pain, Body Pain, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Loss Of Appetite, Nausea, Vomit, Right Side Upper Abdomen Pain
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
How Do I Take It?TELAPREVIR is generally taken With Food.
Route of Administration: Oral
- You should not use Telaprevir,if you are allergic to it.
- You may bleed more easily. Be careful and avoid injury. Use a soft toothbrush and an electric razor.
- Do not take St John’s wort with telaprevir. This medicine may not work as well.
- Do not use a hormone-related kind of birth control. Use telaprevir as ordered by your doctor.
- Take telaprevir at the same time of day.Keep taking telaprevir as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
- Take with a high-fat meal.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids unless told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
- Do not use 2 doses or extra doses.
Common Side-EffectsTELAPREVIR : Diarrhoea, Itchy Skin, Nausea, Vomit, Loose Motion, Chills, Cough, Fever, Pale Skin, Throat Soreness, Fatigue (tiredness)
Serious Side-EffectsTELAPREVIR : Mouth Ulcer, Anemia, Gums Bleeding, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Pain With Urination, Lower Back Pain, Joint Pain, Feet Swelling, Shortness Of Breath, Easy Bleeding, Difficulty Breathing, Anus Swelling
Rare Side-EffectsTELAPREVIR : Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Drowsiness, Eyes Eye Irritation, Eyes Redness, Weight Gain, Face Swelling, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Right Side Upper Abdomen Pain
Technical ClassificationTELAPREVIR is categorized as: PROTEASE INHIBITORS / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?