Dark circles under the eyes are a common complaint of both men and women, although they can occasionally be seen in children. As the age advances, skin becomes thinner and collagen is lost, sometimes enhancing the appearance of blood vessels beneath the eyes and making the skin appear darker.
What are the reasons for dark circles?It’s a combination of heredity and genetics, fatigue and dehydration, but most likely the culprit causing chronic dark circles is excess skin pigmentation which happens because of ethnic variation for Indian population. Sun exposure increases the chances of dark circles. Also, dark circles are related to dilated blood vessels and aging – which causes skin to thin and can darken the area. Unfortunately, to erase them completely is not possible. However, you can minimize their effects and get rid of dark circles by knowing their causes and finding good solutions.
How to treat Dark circles?
- Protection:Use an SPF 30 sunscreen daily. A moisturizer as a base and a concealer can also be used to cover up as a protective layer.
- Diet changes:If you have puffy eye bags along with dark circles then reducing salt intake can help in reducing the puffiness.
- Don’t rub the eyes,as rubbing makes it darker
- Use of eye brightening appllicant every night will help in reducing the lines around the eyes and eventually helps to get rid of dark circles.
- After drinking chamomile tea,don’t throw the tea bags away. Put them in the refrigerator to chill and then place them over your eyes for 10 minutes three times a week, which will help you to get rid of dark circles.
- Potatoes have natural bleaching properties that can help lighten dark circles. They can also help get rid of the puffiness around the eyes.
- A dermatologist’s consultation and under eye treatments available at the dermatologist clinic should be considered if everything else fails.