Most experts agree that a safe and healthy rate of weight loss is 500 grams to 700 grams per week
. Modification in eating habits
along with regular exercise
is the most effective way to lose weight over the long term. It is also the ideal way to ensure that the weight stays off.
Tips to lose weight in a healthier way
- Eat a high-protein breakfast: Eating a high-protein breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice: Sugars are the most fattening things you can put into your body and avoiding them can help you lose weight.
- Drink water a half hour before meals: One study showed that drinking water half an hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% over 3 months.
- Eat soluble fiber: Studies shows that soluble fibers may reduce fat, especially in the belly area. Fiber supplements like glucomannan can also help.
- Drink coffee or tea in moderation. The caffeine can boost your metabolism by 3-11%. But keep a watch on the added-sugar.
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, more filling and much less likely to cause overeating.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones.
- Use smaller plates. Studies shows that people automatically eat less when they use smaller plates. Strange, but it works.
- Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Poor sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for weight gain, so taking care of your sleep is important.
- Exercise 3 Times Per Week, It is best to do some sort of resistance training like weight lifting or cardio exercise. Start with walking if you are just starting.