Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Protein rich foods like beans, chickpeas, organic free-range chicken, raw almonds, raw nuts, sunflower seeds, walnuts, almond butter/raw almond butter.
- Veggies/herbs like kale, spinach, lettuces, cucumber, celery, onions, garlic, cilantro, parsley, ginger, turmeric, tomatoes, squash (butternut, spaghetti, kabocha), root vegetables (beet root, parsnip, carrot, rutabaga, turnip, sweet potato)
- Condiments or flavourings like extra virgin olive oil/coconut oil, pepper, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar
- Fruits like lemons/limes, mango, papaya, apples, bananas, nectarines, peaches, avocado, all fresh berries, melons, pineapple
- All white flour foods, refined sugar (not natural), alcohol, fast food, fried food, junk food, soda, dairy/milk products, corn.
Yoga and ExerciseExercise is important to keep muscles and bones in shape. Any activity like walking, swimming, cycling, playing bowls, going to the gym, or playing tennis can be done but do not overdo it.
Pranayama is very helpful for the treatment of myasthenia gravis.
Music and MeditationBreathing and meditation go hand-in-hand in the treatment of this neuromuscular condition. Sit quietly and concentrate on breathing this can be very helpful.
- Get proper rest and sleep
- Avoid extreme heat/cold as it may worsen the condition more
- Eat slowly and rest between bites this may help reduce muscle weakness in the face
- Eat small and frequent meals to avoid fatigue
- Wearing an eye patch from time to time may help reduce eye weakness because symptoms are worsened by physical activity