Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
Foods rich in vitamin C and E and minerals like zinc and selenium are good for respiratory infections
- The vegetables that have the highest value of vitamin C are peppers, cauliflower, tomatoes, cabbage, peas, broccoli, potato skin, and spinach.
- Fruits high in vitamin C: limes, grapefruits, strawberries, melons, kiwi, oranges, guava, papaya, mango and tangerines.
- Foods rich in vitamin E include sunflower seeds, peanuts, hazelnuts, almonds. Fish have the highest amount of vitamin E, especially sardines, tuna and salmon.
- Nuts, fish, wheat, rice, oats, peanuts etc. have high amounts of zinc and selenium.
- Refined and processed foods
- Dairy and high fat products
- Sugar and high sugar products
- Alcohol and tobacco products
Yoga and ExerciseDo deep breathing exercises. Yoga and Pranayama will improve the overall functioning of the respiratory tract and alleviates the symptoms of breathlessness.
- Stop smoking
- Stress management
- Daily relaxation
- Healthy exercise programme
- Healthy eating plan
- Wash hands appropriately