- Stop smoking
- Reduce stress
- Exercise daily and maintain fit conditions
- Drink filtered water as water contains fluoride which worsen the risk of thyroid problems.
- Avoid too much fat foods
- Iodine content consumed should be moderate otherwise it may lead to other health problems.
- Gaining more weight than your normal weight
- Extreme weakness and fatigue that progress to loss of consciousness
When to See DoctorConsult a doctor if you experience following symptoms
- Severe breathing difficulties, slow heart rate or low body temperature
- Dry skin, brittle nails or dry pale skin
- Feeling very tired and weak
- An inability to tolerate cold
- Gaining more weight than usual
- Heavy or irregular menstrual periods that may last longer than 5 to 7 days