- Do regular physical activity like walking, swimming, climbing stairs etc atleast for 30 minutes per day
- Eat regularly donot skip meals
- Have 6 meals a day instead of having 3 large meals
- Follow a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy body weight as per your height
- Have control over your blood pressure
- Eat foods made from wholegrains every day, such as whole wheatbread, brown rice, oats, and wholegrain corn.
- Choose foods lower in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol calories, salt, and added sugar
- Find ways to relax. Try deep breathing, taking a walk, or listening to your favorite music.
- Take the medication regularly as prescribed by the doctor.
By Managing your weight and eating a well-balanced food with regular physical activity decreases your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Breathing very fast, or if your breath smells fruity
- Unconscious or you suddenly become very sleepy or confused
When to See DoctorCall your doctor if you have:
- Blood sugars higher than 240 mg/dL for more than 1 day
- Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 4 hours
- Any severe pain
- A fever higher than 100 °F
- Trouble moving your arms or legs
- Vision, speech or balance problems