- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TARCEVA 150MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Food Interactions
- 11 Disease Interactions
- 12 Technical Classification
- 13 Available Alternatives for TARCEVA 150MG TAB
- 14 Share this:
- 15 Like this:
- 16 Related Articles
OverviewTARCEVA 150MG TAB is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
TARCEVA 150MG TAB is composed of: ERLOTINIB (150.0 MG)
Erlotinib is used to treat non-small cell lung cancer or pancreatic cancer that has spread to other parts of the body (metastatic). Erlotinib is usually given after other cancer medicines have been tried without success. It’s most effective in lung cancer patients whose cancer cells have a certain mutation (alteration in the DNA). This medicine belongs to a class of drugs called kinase inhibitors. Common side effects include rash, diarrhea, and tiredness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how erlotinib will affect you.
UsageERLOTINIB is generally used to treat: Pancreatic Cancer, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
How Do I Take It?TARCEVA 150MG TAB is generally taken Before Food.
Precautions for TARCEVA 150MG TAB and its Constituents
- It is usually taken on an empty stomach once a day, at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after eating a meal or snack. Take erlotinib at around the same time every day.
- Do not take erlotinib if you are pregnant. It could harm the unborn baby. Use effective birth control while you are taking this medication and for at least 1 month after your last dose.
- It is not known whether erlotinib passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. You should not breast-feed while taking erlotinib.
- Before taking erlotinib, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before using this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of liver disease, kidney disease, stomach/intestinal disease (such as ulcers, diverticulosis).
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- This medicine may cause stomach bleeding. Daily use of alcohol while using this medicine may increase your risk for stomach bleeding. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Sunlight may worsen any skin reactions that may occur while you are taking this drug. Limit your time in the sun. Avoid tanning booths and sunlamps. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
Symptoms of OverdosageERLOTINIB over-dosage can result in: Loose Motion
Common Side-EffectsERLOTINIB : Diarrhoea, Legs Tingling, Feet Tingling, Cough, Difficulty Breathing, Fever, Chills, Lower Back Pain, Difficulty Urinating, Chest Pain
Serious Side-EffectsERLOTINIB : Skin Rash, Dry Skin, Itchy Skin, Allergic Skin Disease, Shortness Of Breath, Cough, Fever, Chills, Eyes Pain, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chest Pain, Upper Back Pain, Pounding Heart (pulse), Slurred Speech, Dizziness, Fainting, Weakness (generalized), Body Bruising, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Vomit, Eyes Sunken Eyes, Dry Mouth, Decreased Urination, Dark Colored (brown) Urine
Rare Side-EffectsERLOTINIB : Seizure, Chest Discomfort, Constipation, Eyes Redness, Slurred Speech, Neck Pain, Jaws Pain, Abdomen Pain, Chest Pain, Head Headache, Body Excessive Sweating, Eyes Change In Vision, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit
You should also avoid grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking erlotinib. Food and grapefruit can raise the levels of erlotinib in your body and lead to increased side effects. Do not increase or decrease the amount of grapefruit products in your diet without first talking to your doctor.
Disease InteractionsERLOTINIB can interfere with: Dermatitis, Acute Kidney Failure, Gastritis, Acute Liver Failure, Ocular Toxoplasmosis
Technical ClassificationERLOTINIB is categorized as: EGFR INHIBITORS / ANTINEOPLASTICS
Available Alternatives for TARCEVA 150MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ERLEVA 150MG TAB||INR 30569.2 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|ERLOKEM 150MG TAB||INR 10394.2 for 10 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|ERLONAT 150MG TAB||INR 11900 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|ERLOTEC 150MG TAB||INR 8500 for 10TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150 MG|
|ERLOTIB 150MG TAB||INR 11000 for 10 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|ERLOTIREL 150MG TAB||INR 9003.56 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|ERLOTIREL TAB||INR 9003.56 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150 MG|
|LORTINIB 150MG TAB||INR 11159.8 for 10 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|TARCEVA 150MG TAB||INR 40300 for 10 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|TYROKININ 150MG TAB||INR 5314.28 for 10 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
|ZYCEVA 150MG TAB||INR 11156.25 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 150.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ERLEVA 100MG TAB||INR 18767.3 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 100.0 MG|
|ERLOKEM 100MG TAB||INR 7714.28 for 10 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 100.0 MG|
|ERLONAT 100MG TAB||INR 9514.28 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 100.0 MG|
|ERLOSTAR TAB||INR 25500 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB|
|TYROKININ 100MG TAB||INR 18990 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 100.0 MG|
|ZYCEVA 100MG TAB||INR 9281.25 for 30 TABLETS||ERLOTINIB 100.0 MG|