- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for LESCOL TAB XL and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Rare Side-Effects
- 8 Disease Interactions
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for LESCOL TAB XL
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewLESCOL TAB XL is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
LESCOL TAB XL is composed of: FLUVASTATIN (80.0 MG)
Fluvastatin is an oral, cholesterol-lowering drug. It belongs to a class of drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, commonly called "statins". Fluvastatin is used along with a proper diet to help lower "bad" cholesterol and fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL) in the blood.
UsageFLUVASTATIN is generally used to treat: High Cholesterol, Heart Attack, Stroke
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
Precautions for LESCOL TAB XL and its Constituents
- Monitor liver function level regularly while taking this medication.
- Before taking fluvastatin, you should tell if you have allergy, why because this product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of the drug, especially muscle problems.
- If you drink more than two alcoholic beverages per day, if you are 65 years of age or older, and if you have ever had liver disease or have or ever had muscle aches or weakness, diabetes, low blood pressure, seizures, or thyroid or kidney disease
Common Side-EffectsFLUVASTATIN : Sinusitis, Diarrhoea, Head Headache, Abdomen Pain, Heartburn, Difficulty Sleeping, Runny Nose
Serious Side-EffectsFLUVASTATIN : Itchy Skin, Skin Rash, Insomnia, Jaundice, Chest Pain, Confusion, Mood Swings, Fever, Chills, Throat Soreness, Pain With Urination, Shortness Of Breath, Abdomen Pain, Back Pain, Face Swelling, Neck Swelling, Loss Of Appetite, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Nausea, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Increased Thirst, Weight Gain, Dry Mouth
Rare Side-EffectsFLUVASTATIN : Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Cough, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Difficulty Breathing, Difficulty Swallowing, Dizziness, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Body Itching, Lower Back Pain, Shin Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Face Swelling, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue
Disease InteractionsFLUVASTATIN can interfere with: Diabetes Mellitus, Rhabdomyolysis
Technical ClassificationFLUVASTATIN is categorized as: STATINS / ANTIHYPERLIPIDEMIC AGENTS / METABOLIC AGENTS
Available Alternatives for LESCOL TAB XL
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|LESCOL TAB XL||INR 473.5 for 14 TABLET XL||FLUVASTATIN 80.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?