- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for ENERZAL SYP and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Technical Classification
- 10 Available Alternatives for ENERZAL SYP
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewENERZAL SYP is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
ENERZAL SYP is composed of: CARBOHYDRATE (6.41 GM), CALCIUM LACTATE (0.004 GM/ML), CITRIC ACID (0.19 GM), MAGNESIUM SULPHATE (0.05 GM), POTASSIUM CHLORIDE (0.07 GM), SODIUM CHLORIDE (0.09 GM), SODIUM CITRATE (0.13 GM), SODIUM ACID PHOSPHATE (0.06 GM)
Sodium chloride is the chemical name for salt. Sodium is an electrolyte that regulates the amount of water in your body. Sodium also plays a part in nerve impulses and muscle contractions.Sodium chloride is used to treat or prevent sodium loss caused by dehydration, excessive sweating, or other causes.Sodium Chloride (topical) is used in nasal congestion and eye Irritation.
Sodium Citrate is used for clear mucus from lungs.Sodium Citrate is a mucolytic medication. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) in the nose, windpipe and lungs making it easier to cough out.
UsageSODIUM CHLORIDE is generally used to treat: Hyponatremia, Shock, Injury
SODIUM CHLORIDE can address symptoms like: Eyes Eye Irritation, Nausea, Head Headache, Confusion, Dizziness, Increased Thirst, Fatigue (tiredness), Decreased Urination
SODIUM CITRATE is generally used to treat: Urinary Calculi
SODIUM CITRATE can address symptoms like: Back Pain, Abdomen Pain, Pain With Urination, Nausea, Vomit, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Frequent Urination, Body Excessive Sweating
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 12month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
How Do I Take It?ENERZAL SYP is generally taken After Food.
Precautions for ENERZAL SYP and its Constituents
- You should not take sodium chloride if you have ever had an allergic reaction to it, or if you have high sodium levels in your blood.
- Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Follow the directions on your prescription label.Take sodium chloride with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
- Do not share this medication with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink.In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
- Do not use sodium citrate enema excessively as long term use of this medicine may lead to diarrhea and fluid loss.
- Sodium citrate should be taken after meals to prevent stomach or intestinal side effects.
- Do not take if you are allergic to sodium citrate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to patients with diabetes, heart or kidney disease, high blood pressure (hypertension), sugar intolerance,Addison’s disease ,aluminium toxicity or patients on a low salt (sodium) diet.
- Do not give to patients with inflammatory digestive tract or bowel diseases (e.g. Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis).
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Symptoms of OverdosageSODIUM CHLORIDE over-dosage can result in: Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Irregular Heartbeat, Weakness (generalized), Hands Swelling, Feet Swelling, Shortness Of Breath, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Restless Or Irritability, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsSODIUM CHLORIDE : Unusual Taste In Mouth, Mouth Burn, Fatigue (tiredness), Lightheadedness, Legs Discomfort
SODIUM CITRATE : Diarrhoea, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Nausea, Vomit, Loose Motion
Serious Side-EffectsSODIUM CHLORIDE : Chest Pain, Difficulty Breathing, Hands Swelling, Irregular Heartbeat, Decreased Urination
Technical ClassificationSODIUM CHLORIDE is categorized as:
- MINERALS AND ELECTROLYTES / NUTRITIONAL PRODUCTS
- MISCELLANEOUS RESPIRATORY AGENTS / RESPIRATORY AGENTS
SODIUM CITRATE is categorized as:
- LAXATIVES / GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
- URINARY PH MODIFIERS / GENITOURINARY TRACT AGENTS
Available Alternatives for ENERZAL SYP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ENERZAL SYP||INR 30 for 200 ML||CARBOHYDRATE 6.41 GM, CALCIUM LACTATE 0.004 GM/ML, CITRIC ACID 0.19 GM, MAGNESIUM SULPHATE 0.05 GM, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 0.07 GM, SODIUM CHLORIDE 0.09 GM, SODIUM CITRATE 0.13 GM, SODIUM ACID PHOSPHATE 0.06 GM|