Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Liquid foods: Since the condition of the jaw does not allow ingestion of whole foods, it is essential to ensure that the diet plan has food in liquid form.
- Stimulants: A healthy diet to aid in the treatment of tetanus may include certain varieties of alcohol administered at hourly or two-hour intervals. Stimulants such as whiskey, wine, and brandy can be given to reduce convulsions and other involuntary muscle contractions.
- Foods rich in magnesium: It helps in relaxing the locked jaw muscles and relieves the pain and inflammation. Foods like avocados, flax seeds, corn, oatmeals, curd and pumpkin etc.
- High protein diet: Studies prove that the tetanus bacteria’s effectiveness is highly reduced if a high protein diet for tetanus is administered. Foods such as milk, egg, meat, chicken etc.
- Junk food
Yoga and Exercise
Jaw exercises improved the condition and minimized the pain without causing any adverse side effects. Begin by pressing your chin gently to open the mouth a little. Lift it back again to close the mouth. Do four sets of this exercise every day for up to eight weeks.
- Garlic is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing pain, mustard increases blood circulation in the affected area. All you need to do is boil some garlic cloves in mustard oil. Use this oil to massage for 2 to 3 times a day.
Wrap ice cubes with a towel. Gently apply on the jaw for 10 minutes to relieve stiffness. Do this three times a day until condition improves.
- Eat a healthy diet, keep yourself well hydrated.
- Breathing support with oxygen, a breathing tube, and a breathing machine may be necessary