Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C.
- Protein foods such as chicken and fish give the body the building blocks to fight the infection in the form of protein and zinc.
- The acidic nature of lemon juice can kill bacteria and relieve various symptoms of laryngitis.
- The antimicrobial property in garlic can help kill bacteria and viruses.
- Honey can be highly beneficial for soothing an irritated throat due to its astringent property. It also will reduce inflammation.
- Avoid spicy, oily and acidic foods, such as tomatoes, onions, garlic, onions, peppers and fried fish.
- Alcohol and caffeinated beverages
Yoga and Exercise
- Massage your vocal cords.
- Hum with your mouth closed and bring the pitch of your voice very high and very low, repeating that for about a minute at a time.
Yoga techniques which help in relieving the symptoms of laryngitis include:
- Breathing- Pranayama
- Rabbit Pose
- Voice rest
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, ORS, soups, warm tea with honey, orange juice, and milk
- Steam inhalations with tincture benzoin or oil of pine or eucalyptus help loosen secretions
- For a severely inflamed larynx, a humidifier or vaporizer should be used to moisten the air inhaled by person
- Use lozenges and throat sprays
- Personal hygiene