Prevention TipsAs the exact cause of keratoconus is not well understood, there is no way to prevent the disease from occurring.
- Avoid frequent and aggressive eye rubbing
- Regular examinations by an eye doctor, however, can help identify keratoconus early and address any complications of the disease before they become visually disabling.
- Objects both near and far looking distorted
- Bright lights looking like they have halos around them
When to See DoctorConsult a doctor if you have
- Sudden change of vision
- Double vision or distorted vision
- Sensitivity to glare
- Problems with eye sight