Prevention TipsAsthma is a long-term condition, it cannot be prevented but steps are taken to control the disease.
- Keep humidity levels low and fix leaks to reduce the growth of organisms such as mold
- Cover bedding with “allergy-proof” casings to reduce exposure to dust mites.
- Remove carpets from bedrooms and vacuum regularly.
- Use only unscented detergents and cleaning materials in the home.
- Keep the house clean and keep food in containers, this helps reduce the possibility of cockroaches, which can trigger asthma attacks in some people.
- Quit smoking
- Persons with asthma should also avoid air pollution, industrial dust, and other irritating fumes as much as possible.
- Use inhalers as prescribed by the doctor
- Drowsiness or confusion
- Shortness of breath at rest
When to See DoctorCall a doctor if you experience any of following symptoms
- Severe chest pain
- Bluish color to the lips and face
- Extreme difficulty in breathing
- Coughing along with green, brown or bloody mucus
- Feel tightness in chest, cough, and shortness of breath or tiring easily during exercise