- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Storage Conditions
- 12 Available Alternatives
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewSAW PALMETTO is an Over-the-counter (OTC) drug.
Saw palmetto comes from a palm-like plant.The berries of this plant are used to make the capsule form of saw palmetto.Saw palmetto blocks certain effects of certain hormones in the body and also has some anti-inflammatory actions.Saw palmetto has been used in alternative medicine as a possibly effective aid in preventing complications from prostate surgery (such as blood loss or problems during surgery) and reducing the time spent in surgery and in the hospital after surgery.
UsageSAW PALMETTO is generally used to treat: Enlarged Prostate, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
SAW PALMETTO can address symptoms like: Frequent Nighttime Urination, Slow Or Weak Urine Stream, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Frequent Urination, Blood Or Red Colored Urine
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
How Do I Take It?Route of Administration: Oral,
- Follow all directions on the product label and package.
- Do not use saw palmetto if you are pregnant.
- Saw palmetto can make birth control pills less effective.
- Do not use this product without medical advice if you are breast-feeding a baby.
- Do not give any herbal/health supplement to a child without medical advice.Do not use more of this product than is recommended on the label.
- Saw palmetto may be taken with food if it upsets your stomach.
- Do not use different forms (capsules, tablets, tinctures, topical forms, etc) of saw palmetto at the same time without medical advice. Using different formulations together increases the risk of an overdose.
- Saw palmetto can affect blood-clotting and may increase your risk of bleeding.
- If you need surgery, dental work, or a medical procedure, stop taking saw palmetto at least 2 weeks ahead of time.
- Call your doctor if the condition you are treating with saw palmetto does not improve, or if it gets worse while using this product.
- Do not use extra saw palmetto to make up the missed dose.
Symptoms of OverdosageSAW PALMETTO over-dosage can result in: Easy Bleeding
Common Side-EffectsSAW PALMETTO : Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomit, Constipation, Head Headache, Dizziness
Serious Side-EffectsSAW PALMETTO : Jaundice, Impotence, Gums Bleeding, Easy Bleeding, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Upper Abdomen Pain, Back Pain, Fatigue (tiredness), Body Itching, Loss Of Appetite, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Rare Side-EffectsSAW PALMETTO : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Difficulty Breathing
Technical ClassificationSAW PALMETTO is categorized as: HERBAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
Storage ConditionsRoom Temperature (Between 15 To 25 C)
Common Drugs with SAW PALMETTO as Ingredient
|ANDROANAGEN TAB||TAURINE 300 MG, ELEMENTAL CHROMIUM 200 MCG, ELEMENTAL SELENIUM 150 MCG, GREEN TEA 100 MG, SAW PALMETTO 100 MG, PANTOTHENIC ACID 50 MG, GLYCINE 50 MG, L-ARGININE 50 MG, L-LYSINE 50 MG, ELEMENTAL ZINC 25 MG, L-ORNITHINE L-ASPARTATE 20 MG, CYANOCOBALAMIN 15 MCG, BIOTIN 5 MG, PYRIDOXINE 3 MG, ELEMENTAL MANGANESE 2 MG, FOLIC ACID 1.5 MG, ELEMENTAL COPPER 1 MG|
|LOGIHAIR CAP||SAW PALMETTO 320 MG, SELENIUM 50 MCG, NIACINAMIDE 50 MG, ZINC 25 MG, CHOLINE 25 MG, BIOTIN 5 MG, VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE) 3 MG, FOLIC ACID 1.5 MG|
|LOGIHAIR-SG CAP||VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE) , BIOTIN , BETA SITOSTEROL , ZINC METHIONINE , FOLIC ACID , PHOSPHATIDYL CHOLINE , NIACINAMIDE , SELENIUM , SAW PALMETTO|
|LYCOVIT CAP||LYCOPENE 1000 MCG, GRAPE SEED EXTRACT 25 MG, ZINC 25 MG, SELENIUM 25 MCG, SAW PALMETTO 10 MG|
|TRICHOZ PLUS TAB||FOLIC ACID 200 MCG, CHROMIUM PICOLINATE 200 MCG, SAW PALMETTO 160 MG, SELENOMETHIONINE 150 MCG, TAURINE 100 MG, CYSTINE 50 MG, COLLAGEN PEPTIDE 50 MG, PANTOTHENIC ACID 50 MG, L-ARGININE 50 MG, METHYL SULFONYL METHANE 50 MG, PARA-AMINOBENZOIC ACID 50 MG, NETTLE LEAF EXTRACT 50 MG, GLYCINE 50 MG, GREEN TEA 50 MG, GREEN APPLE EXTRACT 50 MG, NIACINAMIDE 20 MG, VITAMIN C 15 MG, GINGKO BILOBA 10 MG, CHOLINE 10 MG, BIOTIN 10 MG, CARBONYL IRON 8.3 MG, ZINC 4.4 MG, VITAMIN B6 (PYRIDOXINE) 3 MG, CYANOCOBALAMIN 1 MCG|