- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Disease Interactions
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Prescription Statistics
- 9.1 How Frequently is it taken?
- 9.2 How long was it prescribed?
- 9.3 What is the break-up across patient age-group?
- 9.4 What is the gender-breakup across patients?
- 9.5 What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
- 9.6 Most common Medicines advised along-side?
- 9.7 Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
- 10 Available Alternatives
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related Articles
OverviewXELJANZ 5MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
XELJANZ 5MG TAB is composed of: TOFACITINIB (5 MG)
Tofacitinib works by blocking certain enzymes in the body that affect immune system function.
This medication is an enzyme inhibitor, prescribed for rheumatoid arthritis either alone or with other medications. It blocks certain substances in the body that cause inflammation.
UsageTOFACITINIB is generally used to treat: Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis
TOFACITINIB can address symptoms like: Joint Pain, Muscle Stiffness, Fatigue (tiredness), Loss Of Appetite, Weight Loss (unintentional)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
- You should not use tofacitinib if you have a serious infection.
- You should not use tofacitinib if you are allergic to it.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not take tofacitinib in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow it whole.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Do not receive a "live" vaccine while using tofacitinib, and avoid coming into contact with anyone who has recently received a live vaccine. There is a chance that the virus could be passed on to you. Monitor complete blood counts, liver enzyme and lipid levels regularly while taking this medication.
Common Side-EffectsTOFACITINIB : Upper Respiratory Tract Infections, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Diarrhoea, Head Headache, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Throat Soreness, Body Pain, Chills, Cough, Dizziness, Fever, Loss Of Voice, Nervousness, Ear Pounding, Irregular Heartbeat, Fatigue (tiredness), Abdomen Pain, Vomit
Serious Side-EffectsTOFACITINIB : Acute Liver Failure, Intestinal Perforation, Cancer, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Eyes Blurred Vision, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, Difficulty Breathing, Frequent Urge To Urinate, Lower Back Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Night Sweats
Disease InteractionsTOFACITINIB can interfere with: Hepatitis, Intestinal Perforation, Acute Liver Failure, Bacterial Infection, Viral Inection, Fungal Infection, Protozoal Infection, Acute Renal Failure, Latent Tuberculosis, Tuberculosis, Neutropenia, Hemoglobinopathy, Diabetes Mellitus, Intestinal Obstruction, Hyperlipidemia, Skin Cancer, Lymphoma
Technical ClassificationTOFACITINIB is categorized as: ANTIRHEUMATICS / MISCELLANEOUS AGENTS
Prescription StatisticsFollowing information is taken from treatment plans advised by our doctors. This is Only for informational purpose and you must seek doctor’s advice if you are not well.
How Frequently is it taken?
|2 Times Daily||69%|
How long was it prescribed?
What is the break-up across patient age-group?
|12 to 18yrs||7%|
|35 to 50yrs||27%|
|50 to 60yrs||20%|
|60 to 70yrs||33%|
|70yrs and above||13%|
What is the gender-breakup across patients?
What kind of doctors prescribe this medicine?
Most common Medicines advised along-side?
|FOLVITE 5MG TAB||38%|
|NAXDOM 500MG TAB||19%|
|RABICIP 20MG TAB||19%|
|CL PLUS CAP||19%|
|FOLITRAX 10MG TAB||13%|
|FOLITRAX 15MG TAB||13%|
|RIFAGUT 200MG TAB||13%|
|HCQS 200MG TAB||13%|
|LUMIA 60K CAP||13%|
|FOLITRAX 10 MGTAB||13%|
|ADENOSYL OD TAB||13%|
|NEUROBION FORTE TAB||13%|
|MEDROL 2MG TAB||13%|
|DEFCORT 12MG TAB||13%|
Most common Diagnostic/Lab Tests advised along-side?
|SGPT TEST (BIOCHEMISTRY)||13%|
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|XELJANZ 5MG TAB||TOFACITINIB 5 MG|