- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewVALAVIR 1GM TAB is a Schedule H drug.
VALAVIR 1GM TAB is composed of: VALACYCLOVIR (1 GM)
Valacyclovir belongs to a group of drugs called antivirals which work by preventing the virus from multiplying. Valacyclovir is used to treat infections caused by herpes viruses, including genital herpes, cold sores, and shingles (herpes zoster) in adults. Valacyclovir is used to treat cold sores in children who are at least 12 years old, or chickenpox in children who are at least 2 years old.
UsageVALACYCLOVIR is generally used to treat: Herpes, Genital Herpes, Cold Sores In Children, Herpes Zoster
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
- It may lead to dehydration, drink adequate water or liquid.
- Monitor kidney function regularly during first 10 days of treatment.
- Before taking valacyclovir, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or to acyclovir or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- This drug may rarely make you dizzy. Alcohol or marijuana can make you more dizzy. Do not drive, use machinery, or do anything that needs alertness until you can do it safely. Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Before having surgery, tell your doctor or dentist about all the products you use (including prescription drugs, nonprescription drugs, and herbal products).
- Do not have certain immunizations/vaccinations (such as vaccines against the varicella virus) without the consent of your doctor.
- Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug, especially mental/mood changes (such as confusion, agitation) and kidney problems (such as a change in the amount of urine).
- Cold sores can spread easily. Avoid close physical contact with others (such as kissing) during an outbreak until the cold sores have completely healed. Try not to touch the cold sore. If you do, wash your hands afterward.
- Valacyclovir does not prevent the spread of herpes. To lower the chance of giving genital herpes to your partner, do not have sexual contact during an outbreak or if you have symptoms. You can spread genital herpes even if you do not have symptoms. Therefore, always use an effective barrier method (latex or polyurethane condoms/dental dams) during all sexual activity.
- During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
- This medication passes into breast milk, but is unlikely to harm a nursing infant. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Symptoms of OverdosageVALACYCLOVIR over-dosage can result in: Fatigue (tiredness), Mood Swings, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsVALACYCLOVIR : Sadness, Restless Or Irritability, Loss Of Appetite, Fatigue (tiredness), Difficulty Sleeping
Serious Side-EffectsVALACYCLOVIR : Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath
Rare Side-EffectsVALACYCLOVIR : Black (tar) Colored Stools, Chills, Cough, Decreased Urination, Fever, Head Headache, Lower Back Pain, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Disease InteractionsVALACYCLOVIR can interfere with: Acute Renal Failure, Human Immunodeficiency Virus, Bone Marrow Suppression, Neutropenia
Technical ClassificationVALACYCLOVIR is categorized as: PURINE NUCLEOSIDES / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|VALAMAC 1000MG TAB||INR 112 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1000.0 MG|
|VALAMAC 500MG TAB||INR 61.58 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 500.0 MG|
|VALAVIR 1GM TAB||INR 165.99 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1 GM|
|VALAVIR 500MG TAB||INR 113 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 500.0 MG|
|VALCET 1000MG TAB||INR 180 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1000.0 MG|
|VALCET 500MG TAB||INR 120 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 500.0 MG|
|VALCIVIR 1000MG TAB||INR 200.5 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1000 MG|
|VALCIVIR 500MG TAB||INR 124 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 500 MG|
|VALTOVAL 1000MG TAB||INR 182 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1000.0 MG|
|VALTOVAL 1GM TAB||INR 182 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1000 MG|
|VALTOVAL 500MG TAB||INR 103 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 500.0 MG|
|VALTREX 500MG TAB||INR for||VALACYCLOVIR 500 MG|
|ZIMIVIR 1000MG TAB||INR 164.9 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 1000.0 MG|
|ZIMIVIR 500MG TAB||INR 113 for 3 TABLETS||VALACYCLOVIR 500 MG|