- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for TRENTAL 400MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for TRENTAL 400MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewTRENTAL 400MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TRENTAL 400MG TAB is composed of: PENTOXIFYLLINE (400.0 MG)
Pentoxifylline causes changes in your blood that help improve blood flow. This also helps your blood carry oxygen to your tissues and organs.Pentoxifylline reduces the symptoms of intermittent claudication (pain in the legs when walking) due to narrowing of blood vessels
It is used to improve blood flow in patients with circulation problems in the hands and feet.It works by decreasing the thickness (viscosity) of blood, allowing it to pass more easily through the blood vessels. This effect is beneficial in peripheral vascular disease, where the blood vessels in the arms and legs are narrowed.
UsagePENTOXIFYLLINE is generally used to treat: Intermitten Claudication, Peripheral Vascular Disease
PENTOXIFYLLINE can address symptoms like: Hips Numbness, Hips Joint Pain, Hips Weakness, Thighs Weakness, Thighs Pain, Thighs Numbness, Thighs Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
How Do I Take It?TRENTAL 400MG TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for TRENTAL 400MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not use this medicine if you are allergic to pentoxifylline.
- You also should not use pentoxifylline if you have recently had any type of bleeding in your brain or the retina of your eyes.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label.
- Do not take pentoxifylline in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- While using pentoxifylline, you may need frequent blood tests.
- Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet.
- Swallow it whole.
- It may take up to 4 weeks before your symptoms improve.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.Patients taking pentoxifylline are advised to exercise caution while driving or operating machines.
- Do not stand up and raise from the bed quickly as it may cause dizziness.
Symptoms of OverdosagePENTOXIFYLLINE over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Agitation, Fever, Fainting, Anxiety, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsPENTOXIFYLLINE : Diarrhoea, Gas, Heartburn, Dizziness, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Abdomen Discomfort, Lightheadedness, Weakness (generalized), Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Serious Side-EffectsPENTOXIFYLLINE : Chest Pain
Rare Side-EffectsPENTOXIFYLLINE : Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Easy Bleeding, Irregular Heartbeat
Technical ClassificationPENTOXIFYLLINE is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS COAGULATION MODIFIERS / COAGULATION MODIFIERS
Available Alternatives for TRENTAL 400MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|FLEXITAL 400MG TAB||INR 83.73 for 10 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400.0 MG|
|FLOWPENT 400MG TAB||INR 27.82 for 10 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400.0 MG|
|KINETAL 400MG TAB||INR 27.97 for 10 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400.0 MG|
|PENTOVAS 400MG TAB||INR 28.01 for 10 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400.0 MG|
|TRENTAL 400MG AMP||INR for||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400 MG|
|TRENTAL 400MG ER TAB||INR 32.17 for 15 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400 MG|
|TRENTAL 400MG TAB||INR 42.68 for 15 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400.0 MG|
|TRENTAL PINK UNA 400MG TAB||INR 42.68 for 15 TABLETS||PENTOXIFYLLINE 400.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|FLEXITAL 20MG INJ||INR 5.82 for 15 ML INJECTION||PENTOXIFYLLINE 20.0 MG|
|TRENTAL 300MG INFUSION||INR 6.64 for 15 ML INFUSION||PENTOXIFYLLINE 300.0 MG|