- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TOLVAMAC 30MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Common Side-Effects
- 6 Serious Side-Effects
- 7 Disease Interactions
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for TOLVAMAC 30MG TAB
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewTOLVAMAC 30MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TOLVAMAC 30MG TAB is composed of: TOLVAPTAN (30.0 MG)
Tolvaptan reduces the level of a hormone that regulates the balance of water and salt (sodium) in the body. High levels of this hormone can cause an imbalance that results in low sodium levels and fluid retention.Tolvaptan improves urine flow without causing the body to lose too much sodium as you urinate.This helps to slowly increase to normal levels of salt in the blood.
UsageTOLVAPTAN is generally used to treat: Hyponatremia, Edema
TOLVAPTAN can address symptoms like: Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Nausea, Vomit, Head Headache, Confusion, Hallucinations, Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for TOLVAMAC 30MG TAB and its Constituents
- You will need to be in a hospital under observation any time you start or restart treatment with tolvaptan.
- You should not use tolvaptan if you are allergic to it.Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Use the medicine exactly as directed.
- Long-term use of tolvaptan can damage your liver or cause death.
- You should not use tolvaptan for longer than 30 days.
- Take this medicine with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
- Drink plenty of fluids during the first 24 hours of taking tolvaptan, but avoid alcoholic drinks.
- Call your doctor if you have ongoing vomiting or diarrhea, or if you are sweating more than usual.
- You can easily become dehydrated while taking this medication,You will need frequent medical tests.
- Do not take two doses at one time.
Common Side-EffectsTOLVAPTAN : Dry Skin, Skin Rash, Nocturia, Diarrhoea, Dry Mouth, Increased Thirst, Frequent Urination, Drowsiness, Eyes Blurred Vision, Fruity Odor On Breath, Constipation, Weakness (generalized), Abdomen Pain, Nausea, Vomit, Weight Loss (unintentional), Fatigue (tiredness), Abdomen Tenderness To Touch, Anxiety, Fingers Blue Colored Skin, Cough, Fainting, Irregular Heartbeat, Muscle Stiffness, Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Arms Pain, Legs Pain, Arms Swelling, Legs Swelling, Arms Discoloration, Legs Discoloration, Loss Of Appetite
Serious Side-EffectsTOLVAPTAN : Liver Cirrhosis, Acute Liver Failure, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Difficulty Breathing, Bloody Or Red Colored Stools, Easy Bruising, Chest Pain, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Shortness Of Breath, Vagina Bleeding, Abdomen Painful Bowel Movements
Disease InteractionsTOLVAPTAN can interfere with: Acute Liver Failure, Acute Renal Failure, Alcoholism
Technical ClassificationTOLVAPTAN is categorized as: VASOPRESSIN ANTAGONISTS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TOLVAMAC 30MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|HYPONAT O 30MG TAB||INR 490 for 10 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
|NATRISE 30MG TAB||INR 756 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30 MG|
|SHIOKEM 30MG TAB||INR 800 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
|TOLSAMA 30MG TAB||INR 756 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
|TOLVAMAC 30MG TAB||INR 756 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
|TOLVASCA 30 TAB||INR 959 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
|TOLVAT 30MG TAB||INR 756 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
|TVAPTAN 30MG TAB||INR 754.87 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 30.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|HYPONAT O 15MG TAB||INR 384.6 for 10 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|
|NATRISE 15MG TAB||INR 396 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15 MG|
|RESODIM 15MG TAB||INR 396 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15 MG|
|RESODIM-15 TAB||INR 477 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|
|SHIOKEM 15MG TAB||INR 400 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|
|TOLSAMA 15MG TAB||INR 396 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15 MG|
|TOLVAMAC 15MG TAB||INR 396 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|
|TOLVASCA 15 TAB||INR 437.49 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|
|TOLVAT 15MG TAB||INR 396 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|
|TVAPTAN 15MG TAB||INR 434.56 for 4 TABLETS||TOLVAPTAN 15.0 MG|