- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TIC STOP 25MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for TIC STOP 25MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewTIC STOP 25MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TIC STOP 25MG TAB is composed of: TETRABENAZINE (25 MG)
Tetrabenazine reduces the amount of certain chemicals in the body that are overly active in people with Huntington’s disease.Tetrabenazine works by depleting the stores of certain chemical messengers in the brain that helps in control body movement.
UsageTETRABENAZINE is generally used to treat: Huntington’s Disease
TETRABENAZINE can address symptoms like: Memory Problems, Slurred Speech, Body Difficulty Walking, Difficulty Swallowing, Restless Or Irritability, Anxiety, Lack Of Emotion
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Precautions for TIC STOP 25MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not use tetrabenazine if you have severe or untreated depression, suicidal thoughts, liver disease, or if you have taken reserpine in the past 20 days.
- Do not use tetrabenazine if you have used an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days.
- You should not use tetrabenazine if you are allergic to it.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results.
- Do not use tetrabenazine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- You should not stop using tetrabenazine suddenly or your symptoms may return.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose
- Tetrabenazine may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant and/or breastfeeding.
Symptoms of OverdosageTETRABENAZINE over-dosage can result in: Eyes Blurred Vision, Dizziness, Eyes Jerking Eye Movements, Eyes Blinking Eyes, Mood Swings, Nausea, Vomit, Hallucinations, Legs Shaking, Hands Shaking, Body Excessive Sweating, Unusual Facial Expression, Muscle Stiffness
Common Side-EffectsTETRABENAZINE : Diarrhoea, Insomnia, Depression, Drowsiness, Fatigue (tiredness), Depressed Mood, Nausea, Anxiety, Agitation, Restless Or Irritability, Body Pain, Chills, Cough, Nervousness, Fever, Head Headache, Nasal Congestion, Runny Nose, Sneezing, Throat Soreness, Pain With Urination
Serious Side-EffectsTETRABENAZINE : Breast Engorgement, Difficulty Breathing, Difficulty Swallowing, Loss Of Appetite, Loss Of Balance, Loss Of Voice, Slurred Speech, Arms Stiffness, Legs Stiffness, Hands Shaking, Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Concentrating, Difficulty Talking, Chest Discomfort, Body Difficulty Walking, Wheezing, Easy Bruising
Rare Side-EffectsTETRABENAZINE : Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome, Acute Kidney Failure, Irregular Heartbeat, Muscle Stiffness, Confusion, Body Excessive Sweating, Dark Colored (brown) Urine
Disease InteractionsTETRABENAZINE can interfere with: Heart Arrhythmias, Depression, Acute Liver Failure, Huntington’s Disease, Dysphagia, Hyperprolactinaemia, Breast Cancer, Osteoporosis, Hypotension, Syncope
Technical ClassificationTETRABENAZINE is categorized as: VMAT2 INHIBITORS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TIC STOP 25MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|REVOCON 25MG TAB||INR 225 for 10 TABLETS||TETRABENAZINE 25.0 MG|
|REVOCON TAB||INR 177.15 for 10 TABLETS||TETRABENAZINE 25 MG|
|TIC STOP 25MG TAB||INR 191.5 for 10 TABLETS||TETRABENAZINE 25 MG|
|TICSTOP 25MG TAB||INR 208 for 10 TABLETS||TETRABENAZINE 25.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?