- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for TELMA-R 2.5 TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for TELMA-R 2.5 TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewTELMA-R 2.5 TAB is a Schedule H drug.
TELMA-R 2.5 TAB is composed of: TELMISARTAN (40.0 MG), RAMIPRIL (2.5 MG)
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Telmisartan keeps blood vessels from narrowing, which lowers blood pressure and improves blood flow. Telmisartan is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is sometimes given together with other blood pressure medications. Telmisartan is also used to reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, or death from heart problems in people who are at least 55 years old with risk factors for serious heart disorders.
Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.Ramipril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or congestive heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
UsageTELMISARTAN is generally used to treat: Hypertension, Stroke, Heart Attack
RAMIPRIL is generally used to treat: Congestive Heart Disease, Hypertension
RAMIPRIL can address symptoms like: Chest Pain, Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Head Headache, Dizziness, Ankles Swelling, Legs Swelling, Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Ask your doctor
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Studies indicate Risk – Doctor advice is must
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Precautions for TELMA-R 2.5 TAB and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- Do not use ramipril if you are pregnant.
- You should not use ramipril if you have ever had angioedema.
- Do not take this medicine within 36 hours before or after taking medicine that contains sacubatril.You should not use ramipril if you are allergic to it.
- If you have diabetes, do not use ramipril together with any medication that contains aliskiren.
- You may also need to avoid taking ramipril with aliskiren if you have kidney disease.
- Take ramipril exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Swallow the tablet whole.
- Drink plenty of water each day while you are taking this medication
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can further lower your blood pressure and may increase some of the side effects of ramipril.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Ramipril can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take it preferably at bedtime.
Symptoms of OverdosageRAMIPRIL over-dosage can result in: Dizziness, Fainting
Common Side-EffectsTELMISARTAN : Dizziness, Lightheadedness
RAMIPRIL : Acute Renal Failure, Hypotension, Head Headache, Cough, Dizziness, Weakness (generalized), Fatigue (tiredness), Arms Pain, Back Pain, Jaws Pain, Chills, Chest Discomfort, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor, Decreased Urination, Irregular Heartbeat, Fainting, Shortness Of Breath, Nausea, Vomit, Confusion, Body Excessive Sweating
Serious Side-EffectsTELMISARTAN : Fainting, Weakness (generalized), Irregular Heartbeat
RAMIPRIL : Angioedema, Hyperkalemia, Eyes Blurred Vision, Face Swelling, Eyes Swelling, Swollen Lips, Hoarse Voice, Difficulty Swallowing, Difficulty Breathing, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Rare Side-EffectsTELMISARTAN : Skin Rash, Face Swelling, Body Itching, Difficulty Breathing
RAMIPRIL : Acute Liver Failure, Neutropenia, Skin Rash
Disease InteractionsRAMIPRIL can interfere with: Angioedema, Acute Renal Failure, Congestive Heart Disease, Hyperkalemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Hyponatremia, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationTELMISARTAN is categorized as: ANGIOTENSIN RECEPTOR BLOCKERS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
RAMIPRIL is categorized as: ANGIOTENSIN CONVERTING ENZYME INHIBITORS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for TELMA-R 2.5 TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ARBITEL R 40MG/2.5MG TAB||INR 76 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|TELDIL R 40MG/2.5MG TAB||INR 72.11 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|TELI R 40MG/2.5MG TAB||INR 69 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|TELMA-R 2.5 TAB||INR 122 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|TELMINORM R TAB||INR 78 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|TERAM 2.5MG TAB||INR 74.72 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ARBACE 40MG/5MG TAB||INR 99.37 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|ARBITEL R 40MG/5MG TAB||INR 81.5 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|RAMTEL H TAB||INR 97.95 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 12.5 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|TAZLOC R TAB||INR 104.75 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|TELIPRIL 5MG TAB||INR 91 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|TELIPRIL H 5MG TAB||INR 83.81 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE 12.5 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|TELMA-R 40/5 TAB||INR 118.1 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40 MG, RAMIPRIL 5 MG|
|TELMA-R 5 TAB||INR 154.5 for 10 TABLETS||TELMISARTAN 40.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|