- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for SYMTOR PLUS CAP and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Food Interactions
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for SYMTOR PLUS CAP
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewSYMTOR PLUS CAP is a Schedule H drug.
SYMTOR PLUS CAP is composed of: ASPIRIN(ASA) (75.0 MG), ATORVASTATIN (10.0 MG), RAMIPRIL (2.5 MG)
Atorvastatin (Lipitor) is a member of the drug class known as statins. It is used for lowering cholesterol. Atorvastatin is a competitive inhibitor of
Ramipril is an ACE inhibitor. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.Ramipril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) or congestive heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.It works by reducing stress on the heart and relaxing blood vessel so that blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently.
UsageATORVASTATIN is generally used to treat: High Cholesterol, Heart Attack, Coronary Artery Disease, Diabetes Type 2
RAMIPRIL is generally used to treat: Congestive Heart Disease, Hypertension
RAMIPRIL can address symptoms like: Chest Pain, Irregular Heartbeat, Fever, Head Headache, Dizziness, Ankles Swelling, Legs Swelling, Shortness Of Breath, Difficulty Breathing, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 9yrs
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Dangerous – Studies indicate Human-Fetal Risk
Precautions for SYMTOR PLUS CAP and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- Do not use ramipril if you are pregnant.
- You should not use ramipril if you have ever had angioedema.
- Do not take this medicine within 36 hours before or after taking medicine that contains sacubatril.You should not use ramipril if you are allergic to it.
- If you have diabetes, do not use ramipril together with any medication that contains aliskiren.
- You may also need to avoid taking ramipril with aliskiren if you have kidney disease.
- Take ramipril exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Swallow the tablet whole.
- Drink plenty of water each day while you are taking this medication
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can further lower your blood pressure and may increase some of the side effects of ramipril.
- Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position, or you may feel dizzy. Get up slowly and steady yourself to prevent a fall.
- Ramipril can make you feel dizzy for the first few days. Take it preferably at bedtime.
Symptoms of OverdosageRAMIPRIL over-dosage can result in: Dizziness, Fainting
Common Side-EffectsATORVASTATIN : Polyarthralgia, Urinary Tract Infection, Insomnia, Myalgia, Skin Rash, Hives, Nausea, Loose Motion, Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Cough, Difficulty Swallowing, Dizziness, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Fever, Wheezing, Tightness
RAMIPRIL : Acute Renal Failure, Hypotension, Head Headache, Cough, Dizziness, Weakness (generalized), Fatigue (tiredness), Arms Pain, Back Pain, Jaws Pain, Chills, Chest Discomfort, Cloudy Urine With Strong Odor, Decreased Urination, Irregular Heartbeat, Fainting, Shortness Of Breath, Nausea, Vomit, Confusion, Body Excessive Sweating
Serious Side-EffectsATORVASTATIN : Eyes Yellow Eyes, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Abdomen Pain, Nausea, Vomit
RAMIPRIL : Angioedema, Hyperkalemia, Eyes Blurred Vision, Face Swelling, Eyes Swelling, Swollen Lips, Hoarse Voice, Difficulty Swallowing, Difficulty Breathing, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Rare Side-EffectsATORVASTATIN : Skin Rash, Hives, Body Itching, Face Swelling
RAMIPRIL : Acute Liver Failure, Neutropenia, Skin Rash
Avoid drinking alcohol. It can raise triglyceride levels and may increase your risk of liver damage
Disease InteractionsRAMIPRIL can interfere with: Angioedema, Acute Renal Failure, Congestive Heart Disease, Hyperkalemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Hyponatremia, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationATORVASTATIN is categorized as: STATINS / ANTIHYPERLIPIDEMIC AGENTS / METABOLIC AGENTS
RAMIPRIL is categorized as: ANGIOTENSIN CONVERTING ENZYME INHIBITORS / CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
Available Alternatives for SYMTOR PLUS CAP
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|POLYTORVA -2.5 KIT||INR 105 for 1 KIT||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|SYMTOR PLUS CAP||INR 40 for 10 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
|THREPRO 10MG/75MG/2.5MG CAP||INR 85 for 10 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 2.5 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|AVOPRIL AS 10MG/75MG/5MG CAP||INR 95 for 10 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|CV PILL KIT||INR 50.4 for 5 KIT||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|LIFEPILL 4 KIT||INR 87.6 for 5 KIT||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, METOPROLOL 50.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|POLYKAA KIT 10MG/75MG/5MG COMBI KIT||INR 75.76 for 10 KIT||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|POLYTORVA -5 KIT||INR 122 for 1 KIT||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|RAMITORVA CAP||INR 18.94 for 10 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10 MG, RAMIPRIL 5 MG|
|RAMITORVA CAPULE||INR 22 for 2 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|RIL AA CAP||INR 94.5 for 10 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|
|THREPRO 10MG/75MG/5MG CAP||INR 95 for 10 CAPSULES||ASPIRIN(ASA) 75.0 MG, ATORVASTATIN 10.0 MG, RAMIPRIL 5.0 MG|