- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewSPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB is a Schedule H antibiotic.
SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB is composed of: DILOXANIDE (500.0 MG), METRONIDAZOLE (400.0 MG), SIMETHICONE (100.0 MG)
Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Metronidazole is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and parasitic infections. It is used in infections of the brain, reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body.
Simethicone is used to relieve symptoms of extra gas caused by air swallowing or certain foods/infant formulas. Simethicone helps break up gas bubbles in the gut.Simethicone is an antifoaming medicine. It disintegrates gas bubbles and allows easy passage of gas.Simethicone treat the symptoms of gas such as uncomfortable or painful pressure, fullness, and bloating.
UsageMETRONIDAZOLE is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Brain Infection, Deep Skin Infection
SIMETHICONE is generally used to treat: Gas, Flatulence, Stomach Pain
SIMETHICONE can address symptoms like: Increased Passing Gas, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Abdomen Pain
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 2month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
How Do I Take It?SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB is generally taken After Food.
Precautions for SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB and its Constituents
Caution should be exercised in patients with
- You should not use this medication if you are allergic to simethicone.
- The liquid form may contain phenylalanine. Talk to your doctor before using this form of simethicone if you have phenylketonuriaUse exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Do not take more of this medication than is directed.
- Simethicone works best if you take it after meals and at bedtime.
- The simethicone chewable tablet must be chewed before swallowing.
- Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- Simethicone liquid drops can be mixed with water, baby formula, or other liquids to make swallowing easier for an infant or child.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other stomach medicine or antacid.
Symptoms of OverdosageMETRONIDAZOLE over-dosage can result in: Nausea, Vomit, Dizziness, Loss Of Balance, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
Common Side-EffectsMETRONIDAZOLE : Skin Rash, Hives, Agitation, Back Pain, Eyes Blurred Vision, Confusion, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Eyes Pain, Fever, Head Headache, Loss Of Coordination, Nausea, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs), Slurred Speech, Vomit, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Nasal Congestion, Runny Nose
SIMETHICONE : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Itchy Skin, Hives, Abdomen Upset Stomach, Body Burning Sensation
Serious Side-EffectsMETRONIDAZOLE : Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Abdomen Pain, Throat Soreness, Eyes Pain, Head Headache
SIMETHICONE : Difficulty Breathing, Face Swelling, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue
Rare Side-EffectsMETRONIDAZOLE : Chest Pain, Constipation, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse)
SIMETHICONE : Dizziness
Technical ClassificationMETRONIDAZOLE is categorized as:
- AMEBICIDES / ANTI-INFECTIVES
- MISCELLANEOUS ANTIBIOTICS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
SIMETHICONE is categorized as: MISCELLANEOUS GI AGENTS / GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
Available Alternatives for SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ARISTOGYL PLUS TAB||INR 12.21 for 10 TABLETS||DILOXANIDE 500.0 MG, METRONIDAZOLE 400.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 100.0 MG|
|SPROT PLUS 400MG/500MG/100MG TAB||INR 23.98 for 10 TABLETS||DILOXANIDE 500.0 MG, METRONIDAZOLE 400.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 100.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|SPROT PLUS 100MG/125MG/50MG SUSP||INR 28.96 for 60 ML SUSPENSION||DILOXANIDE 125.0 MG, METRONIDAZOLE 100.0 MG, SIMETHICONE 50.0 MG|