- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 How Do I Take It?
- 5 Precautions for RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB and its Constituents
- 6 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 7 Common Side-Effects
- 8 Serious Side-Effects
- 9 Rare Side-Effects
- 10 Disease Interactions
- 11 Technical Classification
- 12 Available Alternatives for RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB
- 13 Share this:
- 14 Like this:
- 15 Related Articles
OverviewRITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB is composed of: LOPINAVIR (200.0 MG), RITONAVIR (50.0 MG)
Lopinavir and ritonavir are antiviral medications that prevent human immunodeficiency virus from multiplying in your body.Lopinavir and ritonavir is a combination medicine used to treat HIV, It works by interfering with an enzyme (protease), which is required by HIV-infected cells to make new viruses. This stops the production of new viruses.Lopinavir/ritonavir is not a cure for HIV infection. To decrease your risk of spreading HIV disease to others.
Ritonavir is an antiviral medicine that prevents human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) from multiplying in your body. Ritonavir is used together with other antiviral medicines to treat HIV, the virus that can cause acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Ritonavir is not a cure for HIV or AIDS.
UsageLOPINAVIR is generally used to treat: Human Immunodeficiency Virus, AIDS
LOPINAVIR can address symptoms like: Fever, Runny Nose, Throat Soreness, Weight Loss (unintentional), Fatigue (tiredness), Abdomen Pain, Night Sweats, Pain When Swallowing, Loss Of Appetite, Loose Motion, Vomit, Groin Swelling, Head Headache
RITONAVIR is generally used to treat: Human Immunodeficiency Virus, AIDS
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 1month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Considered as Generally Safe – not enough studies to prove risk
How Do I Take It?RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB is generally taken With Food.
Precautions for RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB and its Constituents
- You should not use lopinavir and ritonavir if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction to lopinavir or ritonavir.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label, especially when giving the medicine to a child.
- Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.If a child is taking this medication, tell your doctor if the child has any changes in weight. Kaletra doses are based on weight in children.
- Do not crush, chew, or break a Kaletra tablet. Swallow the pill whole.
- Kaletra tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Kaletra liquid should be taken with food. Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
- While using Kaletra, you may need frequent blood tests at your doctor’s office.
- HIV/AIDS is usually treated with a combination of drugs. Use all medications as directed by your doctor.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- If you take Kaletra liquid and you also take didanosine, take the didanosine at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after you take Kaletra liquid.
- Kaletra liquid contains alcohol. Avoid drinking alcohol while using lopinavir and ritonavir.
- Taking this medication will not prevent you from passing HIV to other people.
- Do not have unprotected sex or share razors or toothbrushes.
- Talk with your doctor about safe ways to prevent HIV transmission during sex. Sharing drug or medicine needles is never safe, even for a healthy person.Do not take if taking medications called ergot derivatives.
- Do not ake if suffering from pancreatitis.
If you are taking any medication, inform your doctor. Caution should be exercised in patients with
Symptoms of OverdosageLOPINAVIR over-dosage can result in: Agitation, Confusion, Decreased Appetite, Irregular Heartbeat, Decreased Urination, Slow Or Irregular Breathing, Body Discomfort, Head Headache, Restless Or Irritability, Weight Gain, Slow Heart Rate (pulse), Drowsiness, Abdomen Discomfort, Face Swelling, Ankles Swelling, Feet Swelling, Fatigue (tiredness)
Common Side-EffectsLOPINAVIR : Skin Rash, Heartburn, Indigestion, Dry Skin, Nausea, Vomit, Loose Motion, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Eyes Blurred Vision, Chills, Constipation, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Dry Mouth, Fever, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Fruity Odor On Breath, Increased Thirst, Frequent Urination, Loss Of Appetite, Abdomen Pain, Difficulty Breathing, Body Excessive Sweating, Eyes Yellow Eyes, Weight Loss (unintentional), Change In Stools, Belching
RITONAVIR : Goiter, Guillan-Barre Syndrome, Paralysis, Head Headache, Cough, Fever, Chills, Heartburn, Loss Of Appetite, Fatigue (tiredness), Weakness (generalized), Restless Or Irritability, Nervousness
Serious Side-EffectsLOPINAVIR : Hyperlipidemia, Acute Kidney Failure, Irregular Heartbeat, Shortness Of Breath
RITONAVIR : Heart Attack, Depression, Anxiety, Fainting, Irregular Heartbeat, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Dark Colored (brown) Urine, Increased Thirst, Easy Bruising
Rare Side-EffectsRITONAVIR : Skin Rash, Face Swelling, Body Itching, Difficulty Breathing
Disease InteractionsRITONAVIR can interfere with: Acute Liver Failure, Impaired Glucose Tolerance, Diabetes Mellitus, Ischemic Heart Disease, Combined Hyperlipidemia, Familial, Myocardial Infarction
Technical ClassificationLOPINAVIR is categorized as: PROTEASE INHIBITORS / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
RITONAVIR is categorized as:
- ANTIVIRAL BOOSTERS / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
- PROTEASE INHIBITORS / ANTIVIRAL AGENTS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
Available Alternatives for RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|ALLTERA 50MG/200MG TAB||INR 5850 for 120 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 200.0 MG, RITONAVIR 50.0 MG|
|EMLETRA 50MG/200MG TAB||INR 620 for 10 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 200.0 MG, RITONAVIR 50.0 MG|
|LOPIMUNE 50MG/200MG CAP||INR 2761.91 for 30 CAPSULES||LOPINAVIR 200.0 MG, RITONAVIR 50.0 MG|
|LOPIMUNE 50MG/200MG TAB||INR 2664.27 for 60 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 200.0 MG, RITONAVIR 50.0 MG|
|LOPIMUNE-FC TAB||INR 2900 for 60 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 200 MG, RITONAVIR 50 MG|
|RITOCOM 50MG/200MG TAB||INR 1500 for 30 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 200.0 MG, RITONAVIR 50.0 MG|
|RITOMAX L FORTE 50MG/200MG TAB||INR 1557.68 for 30 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 200.0 MG, RITONAVIR 50.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|ALUVIA 200MG/50MG TAB||INR 5634.98 for 120 TABLETS||RITONAVIR 200.0 MG, LOPINAVIR 50.0 MG|
|EMLETRA 200MG/50MG TAB||INR 3000 for 60 TABLETS||RITONAVIR 200.0 MG, LOPINAVIR 50.0 MG|
|EMLETRA JUNIOR 25MG/100MG TAB||INR 1474.28 for 60 TABLETS||LOPINAVIR 100.0 MG, RITONAVIR 25.0 MG|
|HIVUS LR 200MG/50MG TAB||INR 2062.5 for 60 TABLETS||RITONAVIR 200.0 MG, LOPINAVIR 50.0 MG|
|RITOMAX L 33.3MG/133.3MG CAP||INR 4590 for 90 CAPSULES||LOPINAVIR 133.3 MG, RITONAVIR 33.3 MG|
|V LETRA 33.3MG/133.3MG CAP||INR 2900 for 60 CAPSULES||LOPINAVIR 133.3 MG, RITONAVIR 33.3 MG|