- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for OVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Disease Interactions
- 8 Technical Classification
- 9 Available Alternatives for OVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB
- 10 Share this:
- 11 Like this:
- 12 Related Articles
OverviewOVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB is a Schedule H drug.
OVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB is composed of: DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE (75.0 MG), MELATONIN (3.0 MG)
Dehydroepiandrosterone is used to cure dry mouth, dry eyes and weak bones. It also helps to improve sexual performance. It is a precursor hormone. It does not have any effect on its own but has effects when it is converted into hormones such as testosterone and estradiol. This medication therefore, functions as a metabolite intermediate. Dehydroepiandrosterone vaginal (for use in the vagina) is used in women to treat painful sexual intercourse that is related to vaginal changes caused by menopause.
Melatonin is a hormone that’s naturally found in the body. A synthetic version of melatonin is available as a supplement that’s used to treat sleep disorders and other problems. It can also be used in the treatment of cluster headaches. Melatonin is used as an alternative medicine to help conditions such as insomnia, sleep disorders in blind people, delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS), and sleep problems in children with developmental or psychiatric disorders.
UsageDEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE is generally used to treat: Menopause, Painful Intercourse
DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE can address symptoms like: Dry Mouth, Eyes Dry Eyes, Pain With Sexual Intercourse (female)
MELATONIN is generally used to treat: Insomnia, Psychosis
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 9yrs
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Not Safe
Precautions for OVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB and its Constituents
- Do not use this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- The usual dose of this medicine is one insert placed into the vagina every day at bedtime.
- This medication has the potential to raise the chances of cancer, heart diseases and diabetes. Before using this medication have a discussion with your doctor and notify him/her of your medical condition.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of kidney problems, depression or history of seizures, any allergy, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- It may cause drowsiness, do not drive a car or operate machinery while taking this medication.
- Avoid alcohol consumption.
Symptoms of OverdosageMELATONIN over-dosage can result in: Drowsiness, Head Headache, Abdomen Upset Stomach
Common Side-EffectsDEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE : Acne, Prostate Gland Enlargement, Hot Flashes, Weight Gain
MELATONIN : Drowsiness, Depressed Mood, Restless Or Irritability, Head Headache, Dizziness, Abdomen Pain
Disease InteractionsMELATONIN can interfere with: Depression, Glaucoma, Urinary Retention, Acute Liver Failure
Technical ClassificationDEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE is categorized as: NUTRACEUTICAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
MELATONIN is categorized as:
- MISCELLANEOUS ANXIOLYTICS, SEDATIVES AND HYPNOTICS / ANXIOLYTICS, SEDATIVES, AND HYPNOTICS / CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
- NUTRACEUTICAL PRODUCTS / ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES
Available Alternatives for OVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|OVANAC DSR 75MG/3MG TAB||INR 285 for 10 TABLETS||DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE 75.0 MG, MELATONIN 3.0 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|COEDHEA FORTE CAP||INR 400 for 10CAPSULES||COENZYME Q10 100 MG, DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE 75 MG, MELATONIN 3 MG|
|DHEA SURE TAB||INR 375 for 10 TABLETS||VIT D3 CHOLECALCIFEROL 1000 IU, DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE 75 MG, MELATONIN 3 MG|
|OVARES PLUS CAP||INR 400 for 10 CAPSULES||COENZYME Q10 100 MG, DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE 75 MG, MELATONIN 3 MG|