- 1 Overview
- 2 Usage
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Precautions for KARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB and its Constituents
- 5 Symptoms of Overdosage
- 6 Common Side-Effects
- 7 Serious Side-Effects
- 8 Rare Side-Effects
- 9 Disease Interactions
- 10 Technical Classification
- 11 Available Alternatives for KARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB
- 12 Share this:
- 13 Like this:
- 14 Related Articles
OverviewKARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB is a Schedule H antibiotic.
KARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB is composed of: LINEZOLID (600.0 MG), CEFUROXIME AXETIL (500.0 MG)
Linezolid is an antibiotic that fights bacteria in the body. Linezolid is also an MAO (monoamine oxidase) inhibitor. Linezolid is used to treat different types of bacterial infections, such as pneumonia, skin infections, and infections that are resistant to other antibiotics.
Cefuroxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.Cefuroxime is used to treat many kinds of bacterial infections, including severe or life-threatening forms.It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering which is needed for them to survive.It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
UsageLINEZOLID is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Pneumonia
CEFUROXIME AXETIL is generally used to treat: Bacterial Infection, Urinary Tract Infection, Pneumonia
CEFUROXIME AXETIL can address symptoms like: Cough, Sneezing, Fever, Vomit, Fatigue (tiredness), Body Muscle Cramps Or Spasms (painful), Loose Motion
Frequently Asked QuestionsQ: Is it safe on my liver?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe on my kidney?
A: Not Safe
Q: Can I take it with alcohol?
A: Not Safe
Q: Is it safe for children?
A: Not Advised for age < 6month
Q: Can it be taken during pregnancy?
A: Not enough studies to prove Risk – Ask your Doctor
Q: Is it safe to take for someone breastfeeding?
A: Check with your Doctor first
Precautions for KARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB and its Constituents
Do not use if the suspension
- You should not use cefprozil if you are allergic to cefprozil or to other cephalosporin antibiotics.
- The cefprozil suspension may contain phenylalanine. Talk to your doctor before using this form of cefprozil if you have phenylketonuria.
- Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Shake the oral suspension well just before you measure a dose.
- Measure liquid medicine with the dosing syringe provided, or with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup.
- Do not share this medicine with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
- Store cefprozil oral liquid in the refrigerator. Do not allow it to freeze. Throw away any unused medication that is older than 14 days.
- Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or bloody, stop taking cefprozil and call your doctor. Do not use anti-diarrhea medicine unless your doctor tells you to.Avoid long-term use of this medication; otherwise it may cause secondary infection.
- Monitor kidney function, sugar level regularly while taking this medication.
- Finish taking all of your medication. Even if you feel better, do not stop taking medication unless your doctor tells you to stop.
- If you’re on blood thinners, Cefuroxime can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
- Cefuroxime may cause live bacterial vaccines to not work as well. Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication.
Symptoms of OverdosageCEFUROXIME AXETIL over-dosage can result in: Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs), Blackouts (memory Time Loss)
Common Side-EffectsLINEZOLID : Diarrhoea, Head Headache, Nausea, Vomit, Dizziness
CEFUROXIME AXETIL : Diarrhoea, Skin Rash, Allergy, Nausea, Vomit, Abdomen Pain, Vagina Discharge Or Mucus, Black (tar) Colored Stools, Chest Pain, Cough, Fever, Lower Back Pain, Fatigue (tiredness), Head Headache, Dizziness, Abdomen Upset Stomach
Serious Side-EffectsLINEZOLID : Rapid Breathing, Drowsiness, Hands Tingling, Fatigue (tiredness), Easy Bruising, Body Excessive Sweating, Eyes Blurred Vision, Mood Swings, Agitation, Confusion, Seizures (uncontrollable Jerking Of Limbs)
CEFUROXIME AXETIL : Sore Throat, Acute Kidney Failure, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Pain With Urination, Difficulty Urinating, White Spots, Easy Bruising, Pain With Sexual Intercourse (male), Pain With Sexual Intercourse (female)
Rare Side-EffectsLINEZOLID : Serotonin Syndrome, Clostridium Difficile Infection, Hallucinations, Fever, Restless Or Irritability
CEFUROXIME AXETIL : Clostridium Difficile Infection, Itchy Skin, Vaginal Candidiasis, Confusion, Nervousness, Restless Or Irritability, Body Discoloration, Difficulty Sleeping, Gums Bleeding, Abdomen Stomach Cramps, Abdomen Bloating Or Fullness, Blood Or Red Colored Urine, Rapid Heart Rate (pulse), Difficulty Swallowing, Body Discomfort, Increased Thirst, Loss Of Appetite, Joint Pain, Chest Discomfort, Eyes Eye Irritation, Weight Loss (unintentional), Bad Breath, Wheezing, Bloody Or Red Colored Vomit, Eyes Yellow Eyes
Disease InteractionsCEFUROXIME AXETIL can interfere with: Colitis, Acute Renal Failure, Phenylketonuria, Acute Liver Failure, Seizure
Technical ClassificationLINEZOLID is categorized as: OXAZOLIDINONE ANTIBIOTICS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
CEFUROXIME AXETIL is categorized as: SECOND GENERATION CEPHALOSPORINS / CEPHALOSPORINS / ANTI-INFECTIVES
Available Alternatives for KARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB
What are the commonly available Substitutes?
|CEFOXIM L 500MG/600MG TAB||INR 550 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600.0 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500.0 MG|
|COVATIL LZ 500MG/600MG TAB||INR 499 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600.0 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500.0 MG|
|KARTEL 500MG/600MG TAB||INR 525 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600.0 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500.0 MG|
|LINECA 500MG/600MG TAB||INR 499 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500 MG|
|LINID-XT 500MG/600MG TAB||INR 550 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500 MG|
|LINOX XT TAB||INR 490 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600.0 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500.0 MG|
|ORATIL LZ 500MG/600MG TAB||INR 499 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600.0 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500.0 MG|
|STAFCURE LZ TAB||INR 499 for 10 TABLETS||LINEZOLID 600 MG, CEFUROXIME AXETIL 500 MG|
What are the other drugs with similar Ingredients?
|XOXE LZ TAB||INR 330 for 6 TABLETS||CEFUROXIME AXETIL , LINEZOLID|