Food and NutritionFoods to be taken
- Foods that can help the body fight the TB infection include milk, fruits and vegetables
- Strawberries are high in potassium, vitamins, and minerals that help boost the immune system and help fight the disease.
- Custard apples are often used as a home remedy for tuberculosis by boiling the pulp with water and consuming the reduction daily
- Pineapple is considered to be very useful in treating TB. Drinking the juice of the fruit once a day will help in clearing mucus and aid recovery.
- Other fruits such as blueberries and cherries and dark leafy vegetables along with whole-grain foods, milk, and lean meats and poultry
- Orange juice is rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that can help the body to fight tuberculosis bacteria. Other juices that are beneficial include carrot, tomato, gooseberry and pineapple juice.
- Fresh juice of Indian gooseberry and honey every morning is highly effective in curing tuberculosis.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes and starchy vegetables including bitter gourd, drumsticks, spinach and broccoli can help the body in its fight against the tuberculosis. Bottle gourd is the best vegetable for treating tuberculosis.
- Eat foods high in B-vitamins and iron, such as whole grains (if no allergy), dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables.
- Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats, cold water fish, tofu (soy, if no allergy), or beans for protein.
- Should strictly avoid canned foods, pies, puddings, sauces, caffeinated beverages, pickles, condiments and processed foods.
- Avoid refined foods, such as white breads, pastas, and sugar.
- Avoid coffee and other stimulants, alcohol, and tobacco.
- Reduce or eliminate trans-fatty acids, found in commercially baked goods such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts etc.
- Keep yourself away from smoking and drinking
Yoga and Exercise
A regular exercise can enhance your natural resistance to being infected.
- Simple activities such as brisk walking outdoors can help to provide your body with fresh air.
- Light jogging, stationary biking, can be done to burn additional calories while keeping your body free from tuberculosis.
- The patient should get plenty of fresh air, sunshine and sleep.
- A neutral immersion bath for an hour every day is very healing.
- Yoga, slow massage and deep breathing can also be effective.