- Avoid exposure to excessive noise.
- Wear earplugs in noisy situations.
- Wear earmuffs when mowing the grass.
- Learn and practice stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Limit use of drugs that damage hearing.
- Cut back on or stop drinking alcohol and beverages containing caffeine.
- Do not smoke or use smokeless tobacco products.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Hearing loss
When to See DoctorConsult a doctor if you have tinnitus and it?s:
- One-sided and causing hearing loss
- Interfering with your everyday life, for example, making it difficult for you to sleep
- Pulsating and getting louder
- Hearing loss or dizziness with the tinnitus